Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 10-08-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: New redesigned C24

what they need to do is add fader packs for the dam 003! and thats good! charge 1200 each for them i dont care, but 10,000 for the new c24 thats just to much, it dont have the big studio look at all!=( i bin waiting for the new control 24 for along time and im not impressed at all whats the point now,i work in a studio with the control 24 and i luv it, but time for other company to step it up, some one should even make after market 003 fader packs, if digi dont wanna do it,
Old 10-08-2007, 09:12 PM

I was hoping for a Control 32, with at least 24 mic pre's of ATI or True Systems quality. The irony is my C24 is having it's annual power supply/scribble strip/motor boat in the mic pre/all lit up problems, and I was getting ready to send it off for a complete rebuild. (Digi told me no more power supply support. Hmmmmmm) I heard a rumour about this new version, and I was ready to buy it sight unseen on the day of the announcement. That is until I saw the feature set. Yawn. Unless the mic pres in the new one are Millenia/Avalon/Massenburg quality, my old C24 is going off to get born again, so I can abuse it on remote location records for another 7 years. At least I know where the bodies are buried on my old one. (And I won't have to have a new road case built either)
Old 10-09-2007, 08:50 AM

Are you kidding ME? The scribble strips are even FURTHER away from the faders now?
Big time Flaw! The designers must not use a control surface 14 hours a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian
Old 10-09-2007, 09:20 AM

I second that!!
Big Time flaw indeed. They are way too far away from the faders - when tracking and mixing it is A MUST to have the track names visible over your fingers...

The 8X2 Submixer is not something i'm dying to get - the 16 mic pre's either...of course its always handy but when you got 2 DIGIPRE in the studio you don't really care you know.

They removes the numeric keypad also i thought it was handy to trigger memeory location and markers from there.

Not to mention that the actual Argosy desk that i got would no longer work with this new C24 profile as far as the console's height goes.

That would be enough reasons for me to stay with the Control24 instead of switching to the C24.

But I really need to look at the specs of this new design (Monitor section!) and wait for user's review to know if the infamous power supply issues or connectors are once and for all - FIXED.

Dan

MP Dual 3.66mhz ( 6-Cores) / 32GB / SDD 8TB
OSX Sierra 10.12

Dan Desilets
Mix/Mastering Engineer, Guitarist, Composer
New Website live @ www.yuccamusic.ca
Old 10-09-2007, 10:03 AM

Has anyone (who has posted so far), actually seen the desk in person?

I have and I actually like it a lot. Despite what it may look like on pictures, it's quite sturdy and robust.
The faders I believe are the same ones that are in D-Command.
And there are many more features on the C24 than the old one.
Not a bad desk for 10k and if you are trading in your old C24, it's a good deal.

My New Instructional Mixing DVD 2 is Shipping
www.tonysound.com
http://twitter.com/tonysound
Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM

hi tony
you can send some spec and close picture of the new desk? have nothing intersting on digidesign website,
if you have time do a little review of it for them, compare it with the old one and the D-command.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:41 PM

I saw the new C24 at the AES in NYC last week. It is to me a well design unit with a nice finish. I can't compare with the Control 24 since I dont have one, but the new C24 is definitely on my list of christmas shopping (even if it comes only in January). You could'nt ear the demonstration as to many people were asking to many questions but I understand that the C24 has more features than the Control 24 had, also the C24 is designed entirely by digisesign and that the quality of the pre's were supposed to be top notch....we'll see
Eric D
Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 AM

I'll keep my "vintage" Control/24 for quite some time. I'll also press some of the buttons now and then to see the "feature not implemented yet" displayed and fantasize about the day when the "vintage" Control/24 is finally done.

I guess that aint gonna happen.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 10-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Sincerely, the more i look at it the more i begin to love it.

Argosys are coming out with a nice new desk for it also.

http://www.argosyconsole.com/newc24request.htm

The main reason why i would switch to the new C24 would be to know if the problems i got with my Control24 would be gone once and for all.

And by problems i mean the ALL LIT UP flashing leds that all users are experimenting, audio muting with loud POP on the main monitors, scribble strip flashing / dimming when they like to.

If these problems are no longer with this new C24 design then i'm IN.

The double 6digit scribble strip is a big PLUS...but, they're a bit far away from the faders.

Can't wait to read the specs for the mic pre's / monitoring section.

Digi can you tell us when product information / availability will be released on your website?

Thanks,

MP Dual 3.66mhz ( 6-Cores) / 32GB / SDD 8TB
OSX Sierra 10.12

Dan Desilets
Mix/Mastering Engineer, Guitarist, Composer
New Website live @ www.yuccamusic.ca
Old 10-10-2007, 03:24 PM

As far as I can see now, the C24 advantage to the Control 24 are the touch sensitve potentio-meters. That's guite nice... not going to Latch mode for plug-in parameters.

But do I have to trade in my Control 24 to the C24 for that? I'm not sure it's worth it.

Since I use AES/EBU connected monitoring, I was actually expecting Digi would implement a digital monitoring section in C24 as well. Lot's of monitors are digital input these days...

C24 looks more practical, less estetic... But that's just a matter of taste I suppose...

Maybe the D-Command after all? Can't afford an Icon