Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 10-17-2018, 10:08 AM

Default Re: Control and Eucontrol versions are incompatible

Having similar issue, got it working when it all updated in March, now iPad's back to not connecting with EuCon again. Unless I power off iPad and restart.
Any ideas?

MacPro OS 10.10.5
iPad iOS 11.4.1
EuControl (MP) is 18.3.0.24 3/16/18
PT Control (Ipad) is 18.3.0.208 (2/27/18)
Old 12-29-2018, 02:30 PM

So I had similar problems with EuControl and Pro tools control software on a iPad. I pecked around for hours and hours, loading and re downloading versions banging my head against the wall. I did this all in one day 12-29-2018. All versions of the EuControl and Control software were downloaded that day. I'm running an upgraded 2012 , 5.1 mac pro on OS 10.14.1 The PT version is 2018.12.0 , the PT Control software is v18.3.0.208, The EuControl is the 18.3.0 (Not sure of the build) I got all thee same errors and got it to finally work. Step 1 , I deleted EuControl completely off the computer (I found this the most important step). Step 2, I used the EUCON Workstations 18.3.0 version for mac and only that version, it has everything I needed. As you load the software a confusing box comes up asking you which control surface. I checked the first box at the top of the list. (Not the workstations version, go figure). Let system reboot. Then went to System preferences/Security and privacy, on the mac os, unlocked the little pad lock at the bottom, under automation checked EuControl, under accessibility checked Eucontrol. By now the EuControl should be in the system tray. If not go and find it in the applications folder and click it. A small "E" in a circle should appear in the top bar on the right. (Should have the ipad close by and the app loaded) click the small "E" and make sure the iPAD is showing on the left and on the right pane. If not , add it. In Pro Tools on the computer open a session and go to Setup/Peripherals/Ethernet controller tab . Check Enable EUCON at the bottom. Say okay and the session should appear on the ipad. The place I keep screwing up was not deleting the old versions and thinking the I had to loa the 3.7 EuControl software also. I also screwed up not checking the top box and thinking I had to load the workstation version. A lot of what I said said is in this video but not all of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsS6S1SSzA8 Hope this helps somebody (P.S.) the screen focus must be on the pro tools session for it to appear in the ipad. Move the focus, it leaves the ipad.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:02 AM

what i found yesterday for anyone that needs this info:

if you use the APP Store to Update the iPad App (20.1) .. you will be frustrated ..

do a Search for Avid Control in the APP Store and you will find the latest version (20.5) ..

and of course if you needed an earlier version like 19.1 ... it is NOT on the Avid site anymore (Avid Download Center)

cheers john

see pic for this comment .. Avid, why can you NOT put these in the ORDER they were Released ????? it looks like Y2K is still in your Code !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 8.01.08 AM.jpg (29.9 KB, 0 views)

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 05-22-2020, 09:51 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister View Post
Yea... my iPad auto-updated. I am still on PT 12.8.3 HDX. And, the MY AVID site is down for maintenance. And, I am on a deadline. I use the iPad controller to record myself playing guitar in the booth and it is now suddenly incompatible. Thanks Avid...

When the My Avid comes back online, does anyone know if I can use the new Eucon version on PT 12.8.3? Or does anyone know how to wind back on an iPad?

Guess auto-update on iPad is going off.
Auto update is nothing to do with Avid and not having previous versions is and Apple restriction. I'm sorry for your issues but this is out of Avid's control.
Have you tried downloading the 20.5 EuControl and trying it with your PT version? It may not be supported but I bet it will work.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
what i found yesterday for anyone that needs this info:

if you use the APP Store to Update the iPad App (20.1) .. you will be frustrated ..

do a Search for Avid Control in the APP Store and you will find the latest version (20.5) ..

and of course if you needed an earlier version like 19.1 ... it is NOT on the Avid site anymore (Avid Download Center)

cheers john

see pic for this comment .. Avid, why can you NOT put these in the ORDER they were Released ????? it looks like Y2K is still in your Code !!!
I can't comment on the App store as thats out of our control but yes that list is a bit cookoo ;-) I'll see if I can get CS to fix it.