Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-11-2003, 10:00 AM

Default 6.1 for XP in June!!

Hello. Hey guys I'm frankly surprised there hasn't been more chatter on this. I guess everyone is talked out or something. I think there is just one or two threads on this in the LE Windows forum, but they quickly just stated the facts and died. I am surprised that no one has gone on at length about it.

To recap, looking for a (late) June delivery of Pro Tools 6.1 for XP all flavors, LE and TDM with Rewire. Rewire alone I would have thought would have a lot of people here talking. Also the DV Toolkit which will allow LE to have a SMPTE timeline, amongst other features and plug ins included, at a price of course.

Oddly enough guys, with so much Post Production ambience at NAB, I forgot to ask the Digidesign people about the much rumored rackmount 002 or if 6.1 will include a fully functional, bug free ASIO driver. One thing I did ask that still sucks. No 'DV through Firewire' feature for XP systems. According to the Digidesign folks it's a limitation that Apple puts in the Windows QuickTime version. So I guess it's up to Apple to allow this to happen.
Old 04-11-2003, 01:01 PM

Default Re: 6.1 for XP in June!!

Rewire is gonna save me some dough and aggrivation not having to deal with the whole extra sound card deal and Hubi whatevers.Looks to me like its gonna be Rewire,Reason and Radium some time after June.Time to learn Midi.

Happy DJ
Old 04-12-2003, 12:00 AM

Radium? What's Radium?
-Olaf
(And why am I here?)
Old 04-12-2003, 12:11 AM

apple sucks...

PT with rewire rocks!
Old 04-12-2003, 01:03 AM

We are the red headed step-children. The inheritance only goes to the naturally born. Excuse my piturbance. I am feeling as if there is some merit to the old saying...no! the story!that the emperor really is naked. Sales people have a job and apart from reality must do their job to keep beens in their pot and smoke in their chimneys. For that I give them relative forgiveness and understanding. But for the fact that we are having to teach other (and I love all who have contributed) how to get over all the errors and file not recognized situations and this or that doesn't work to fit the task I'm trying to fullfil...ok I've vented...the computer can be good and can do you wrong because garbage in does equal garbage out just remember humans are programing just as humans are selling what the programers are doing and the rest of us humans are using the same mentioned and it will another human that will explain a piece of the puzzle...eventually

signed defretman

slightly frustrated slightly coming around always needing help

defretman
Old 04-12-2003, 01:20 AM

The Midiman Radium 61 key USB controller.Supposed to be good.

As far as music store sales people...almost useless. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

DJ
Old 04-12-2003, 01:29 AM

I think one of the biggest reasons there isn't more discussion about 6.1 is because enough people have read the Mac forums and seen the problems there, and would be glad to have a stable release (which is likely considering the changeover in platform has already been done.)

It's nice to see Digidesign responding to DUC requests like SMPTE and expanding as well. I think the changes Digidesign are making will answer the needs of alot of customers.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:29 AM

I guess the PC version of 6.1 would be stable and the 6.1 for Mac also as both I assume would be based on the 5.3.1 PC/XP code and 6.0 Mac/OS X code.

The 6.0 for the Mac was the initial release on an unfamiliar enviorment and remember OS X is still pretty much a "beta" OS [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Now that there's is code for both systems and it's up2date I guess it's just a matter of tweaking it abit to make it finer and more reliable.
Old 04-12-2003, 02:51 AM

I sure hope they fix the S/PDIF Mirroring and Optical S/PDIF crash-bug. That's major Lame.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:55 AM

so is the next version called 6.1? Has the 'LE' been dropped?

What is rewire?

I was hoping beat detective would be open for us who cannot afford HD system.