Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-02-2002, 08:24 AM

Default It is June so Down With Digi

I say down with Digi and up with the other companies who have provided Win 2000 and XP support in their products.
My toolbox xp was given to me and I waited a long time to see this company blow us windows guys off with no win 2000 support and now they blow us off with XP support.
I am glad I didnot have to buy this card and just wish i was not such a poor musician so i could buy another product and not have to have 2 operating systems on my machine.
Digidesign and Avid are both lame big dinosaurs who will be extinct real soon............
On windows computers anyways
Old 06-02-2002, 08:49 AM

Default Re: It is June so Down With Digi

Get a mac and [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2002, 08:51 AM

That'd be great! Then he could plague you guys with these silly posts instead of us! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2002, 02:28 PM

Come on now, let's be nice. Oh wait, I just chewed out someone for pushing the limits on complaining about no update/support. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I'd like to say be patient and stick with the PC format, but if you're gonna do that, you may want to go with a different company. That'd be too bad, because I think that ultimately, Digi will learn from all of our posts that it's got to pick up the ball that they've dropped and start putting out bigger updates ON TIME (I hope). Good luck with your frustrations and your choice!
Old 06-02-2002, 06:39 PM

You know there was an amazing amount of posts from longtime DUCers b4 this date telling all complainers to to be patient and trust the force. Well It's june and would you belive Digi has lied and failed again. Where are all those posters now!.......Oh wait i hear them coming you see I just poo pooed Digi which means someone will tell me Im an areshole.
Old 06-02-2002, 07:44 PM

Then go spend $4000 and get a lesser performing Mac!
Funny, a few people always complain about Windows XP support but then they talk about getting Macs?!?!?! Guess what, Macs do not run Windows XP! This tells me that there is no great need for XP support, they just like to Biotch.

Do us all a favor and rest your holes.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:13 PM

just wait till they actually get that mac. then they will get to complain about the lack of OSX support.
Old 06-02-2002, 08:14 PM

Does anyone know if Digi is going to give us an idea if it will be this month even? This summer? This year?

I am not bitching about the fact that its not out, but I just want would like to have an idea of when it will perhaps be out.

I guess that's the question on everyone's mind however.
Boston, Mass
Old 06-02-2002, 08:19 PM

what else is everyone doing on their pc that makes XP support. if you're running a dedicated machine for audio, which you should if you're serious about it, then what difference does the operating support make. many, many people are running PT just fine on 98SE and ME. install XP on your laptops.
Old 06-02-2002, 10:39 PM

I personally don't care how long it takes DIGI to implement XP support, nor if they miss a deadline. I'm a software developer and I know that you rarely hit a deadline in a project this complicated. What I do know, however, is that when I'm going to miss a deadline I'm supposed to let my team and my boss know that as soon as I realize I'll be missing it. I think DIGI should do the same. If they realized on May 20th, for example, that it could be another 3 weeks, I think they should have told us that. People are going to b**ch anyway if it's late, they may as well do it and at least feel that they're informed and be able to plan purchases to a better degree. Plus that way, the customer at least feels like there's something happening, which is better for P.R. than the complete absence of official information that we've been getting instead. Just my 2 cents.