Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2003, 08:29 PM

Default copying all settings to different sessions

Hello - we use digi001 to record bands, and we usually do all the recording in one day and all the songs are set up the same, so there is very little difference between the different sessions we have saved as far as set up.

What we'd like to do during mixdown is get the first song sounding perfect, then somehow copy all the fader settings, pans, effect plug ins, etc., to all of our other sessions. We haven't found a way to do this, except writing everything down by hand, and redoing it on each song.

Is there an easier way to do this?
Old 12-28-2003, 06:25 AM

Default Re: copying all settings to different sessions

for the plug ins setting you can export them and then re-import in the new session.

for the automation the only way I see is to IMPORT the single audio files to your desered ´default´ sessioon and replace the single tracks by hand. With consolidating the tracks the shoud be quite easy.

best
Old 12-28-2003, 07:22 AM

Man....I came on the DUC to ask the same question. I use protools like tape, useing a combination of pluging and hardware all bussed to an analog desk. It would be great if I could just save a session template with all my plugin settings, pans, and routing data insted of writing everything down.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:40 AM

Quote:
It would be great if I could just save a session template
look in your manual, under "creating custom session template"

As far as the first poster's question, there isn't any way to import fader/pan/send levels, but as previously mentioned you can export then re-import plug-in settings. However, the quickest way to do what you want is to import the audio from your other tracking sessions into one large mixing session - this way you'll have multiple songs in one session (you can leave several minutes of 'space' between the songs) and your tracks will maintain their basic level and pan information across several songs. Not the way I would do it as I can't imagine any song having the same mixing, pan and effects levels as any other songs, but if that's what you're going for, importing all the audio into one session is probably your easiest route.