Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 09-30-2019, 08:31 AM

Default Plugins not scanning nicely

Had to wipe system drive and reinstall. Boo. But at least it’s a clean system now. OS 10.12.6 on a Mac Pro 5,1.

Firstly, izozone8aaxhook freezes my scan. Didn’t before. Installed via the iZotope installer. On a fresh plugin scans (after deleting databases), scan will freeze at that plugin. After having successfully scanned all plugins, putting that one it, the scan will randomly freeze at other plugins.

Secondly, I’m getting “these are not 64-bit plugins” alerts on plugins I have used for a while. Exponential Audio reverbs, Kush Audio plugins, and only some (Lindell Audio) Plugin Alliance plugins. Latest version all, and again, a fresh installation.

Thoughts?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Plugins not scanning nicely

Hi did you try trashing PT preferences ?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:56 AM

Haven't many people been reporting strange problems regarding izo8 lately? I'd first remove that from plugins folder and see if PT scans nicely without, then add it back and if there is a problem then contact vendor not Avid.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:02 AM

Yes it is. Im following this topic very closely and found that a lot of companies are aware of it. What i found common reading a few of them is that the error is an authorization issue due to a corrupted file. There are another things but this is the common between them. All they suggest trashing pref as first step. I would thing it is releated to some OS update who knows.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:04 AM

Well...

1) been using PT since 2004. Not calling myself a master of anything, but I’m used to its peculiarities, including trashing prefs (see my OP... I use Mr. Gates’ incredibly handy utility), plus I’m annoyed in thinking that they still haven’t fixed the “freezes on scanning more than 100 plugins” thing so I’m still in the habit of scanning in batches of 100 if I ever trash them dbases and prefs.

2) been using these plugins for ages. No issues until I needed to reinstall over the weekend. As such, I would have to imagine it’s a PT thing rather than a plugin thing, hence me trying to find an answer on the forum before I submit an Avid ticket. Of course I will contact the plugin vendors if Avid has no suggestions, but considering (for example) the Kush plugins haven’t been updated in a while and they were still working for me, I have to wonder why it would be the plugins.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Well...

1) been using PT since 2004. Not calling myself a master of anything, but I’m used to its peculiarities, including trashing prefs (see my OP... I use Mr. Gates’ incredibly handy utility), plus I’m annoyed in thinking that they still haven’t fixed the “freezes on scanning more than 100 plugins” thing so I’m still in the habit of scanning in batches of 100 if I ever trash them dbases and prefs.

2) been using these plugins for ages. No issues until I needed to reinstall over the weekend. As such, I would have to imagine it’s a PT thing rather than a plugin thing, hence me trying to find an answer on the forum before I submit an Avid ticket. Of course I will contact the plugin vendors if Avid has no suggestions, but considering (for example) the Kush plugins haven’t been updated in a while and they were still working for me, I have to wonder why it would be the plugins.
Hi and sorry read to fast didn't saw that you trashed prefs. But would be nice openning a ticket with vendors and if possible let us know the outcome. By now you can search as me and you can find a few vendors aware and their steps trying to resolve this.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:12 AM

Also many have reported strange issues with latest Sierra updates, so simply upgrading to High Sierra usually resolves the problems.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:17 PM

macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6)

Originally Posted by BScout
Something is going on with 10.12 versions of macOS. Easiest solution is upgrade to 10.13.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Also many have reported strange issues with latest Sierra updates, so simply upgrading to High Sierra usually resolves the problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaP View Post
For anyone interested, I did the update to 10.13.6. No word on performance but it did resolve the "64bit not available" issue for me.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 09-30-2019 at 06:21 PM. Reason: SaschaP confirms 10.13.6 resolves the "64bit not available" issue
Old 09-30-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
macOS High Sierra (version 10.13.6)

Originally Posted by BScout
Something is going on with 10.12 versions of macOS. Easiest solution is upgrade to 10.13.6

That is interesting.

But again... my system was fine. There is no “upgrade” here. Just trying to reinstall the same setup as before. Would rather not go to a new OS if I don’t have to.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:18 AM

Only thing that has changed has been my wiped system drive. Plugins have been used successfully since their latest versions, passing the PT scan and being used in sessions. The same versions of my OS, plugins, and PT worked before this weekend.

So before I go to the plugin vendors to see if there’s something they can do with their plugins that were working fine before, I want to see if there’s a workaround in PT because there are workarounds. Like deleting those FB plugins to allow Komplete Kontrol to work properly, or scanning <100 plugins at a time after deleting the database or PT won’t like it.

I mean, remember having to delete that database folder from EVERY HARD DRIVE that was attached to the computer you ran PT on? I’ve done some stuff. I’m thinking this is a PT thing.