Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-07-1999, 02:10 PM

Default Opcode...is killing me! HElp !

Hi ,
Please HELP ! I need all the help I can get with this. I've got the PT24MIX+ got a K2500XS got the D8B,got some other electronics drums.I will work with some vide in the future .NO editing ,just playing .Sometime I use a DAT or ADAT to move or store audio.....I need a midi interface to conect all this .
I did not know if to get the Opcode 64 xtc or the Motu time piece AV.

I decided to get the OPCODE 64XTC .I did not have the oportunity to make a full use of it .I run on the firs t day in to some problems with it .
I try to call tech sup. ......uaaaaa

IT SUCKS! Today is the second week and nobody return calls. I e-mail, I call, I fax....NOTHING!
If you try to call anything ,you will get just answering machines. No tech supp,no costumer service , no presales , no nothing.
I am getting so tired of this people.I don't know how they stay in bussiness?
Should I keep this unit or return it and get the MOTU midi time piece AV?
Is it the MOTU more superior qualtity or does it do more than Opcode? This is why I need your help .I don't know to many people that use any of this midi interfaces.
Any previous experiences?
THANK YOU !
You can call me also .And I will call you back>
512 869 8032
lucian

[This message has been edited by lucian (edited 10-07-99).]
Old 10-07-1999, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Opcode...is killing me! HElp !

Lucian
Did you try using 64xtc as your main wordclock source ?
I have a similer set up but have an O2R.
Old 10-07-1999, 05:12 PM

Hi Lucian, The 64XTC is a very versital unit.There is a direct number to Opcode's Tech Support. I don't know it right now because I'm on the road. It should be in your manual. Best try them early in the morning to get thru. They open their phone lines up @ 9:00 A.M. PST. Their tech support is great and has help me thru a quite a few hellish and stressful problems. Cheers!
Old 10-07-1999, 05:32 PM

Me as well. I slave EVERYTHING to the 64xtc, including the PT interface. Superclock Out from the xtc to Clock In on my 888|24. It works great.
Old 10-07-1999, 07:02 PM

Thank you for the encuragement!

I did try to call :
650/429-2349
650/429-2400

I thought that only Event Electronics is the worst one (if you can get their attention you will get the best service) .
But Opcode is liding now with almost 50 calls a week , 4 emails , 2 fax ...and still nothing.
No costumer support , no presales ,no dealer sales no nothing .
This is why I am disperate to maybe find other alternative ,and I don't know if to get the MOTU will only make the situation worst.
I do not have any problems with my system now ,but I will like to have a place where to call(at least when the unit is still in the warranty).
I can not imagine what it will happen if the waranty will expire and the unit brake .I am gonna need to drive there and kik somebody's
(...) until the unit get repaired.
They will not answer the phone to get an RMA .So if you don't have an RMA how can you return the item for repair or whatever. So this is why I am MAD.
If you just got the Protools system or any item, and call for help and the only thing you get is the answering machine ,how that fills .....uaaaaa

Old 10-08-1999, 06:50 AM

The Opcode tech support line is pissing me off too. They used to be so good.

I've been using the XTC as the master clock on my PT III sys, but now with my Mix system it doesn't work at all. Crackles and pops. So I disconnected the superclock from it and everything works fine. I still use it for ADAT transfer and MIDI-- works great. The digital clock seemed to go bad though.
Old 10-08-1999, 08:44 PM

I heard at the local music store that Opcode is finished.
Old 10-08-1999, 10:51 PM

Yeah, that's the rumour thats been floating around...their sudden lack of response seems to support it...
Old 10-08-1999, 11:59 PM

I haven't recently dealt with Opcode, but have been running SVPro for years. Haven't tried to contact them since Gibson bought them.
I get a users digest from opcode-users@topica.com if thats any help.

Old 10-09-1999, 01:18 AM

I have a similar problem with the Opcode 64 XTC superclock outputting bad clock to 888. this causes problems digitally transfering to a DAT and spews white noise out of 888 when
DA88 goes into shuttle, fast forward or reverse. Unfortunately, Opcode is having something going on over there which is why tech response is bad. Lotsa rumors on Opcode user lists, but no real info from anyone official.