Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 10-04-2009, 01:23 PM

Default I don't feel so ripped off anymore

Pro Tools HD8 is worthless imho and I always felt digi ripped me off for the $250 upgrade from day 1.I do love 8's new plugs and VI's though.Well today I copied over all of 8's plugs and VI's to my 7.4 drive and they work flawlessly in 7.4.........even better then in 8 because in 8 DB33 would never load and was always put in the "Unused plugin" folder.What a pos 8 is but in 7.4 it loads perfectly everytime.Now I have a rock solid bulletproof system in 7.4 with those awesome 8 plugs!

The one and only thing I miss is the 10 inserts.I will run this setup for a few years but I am finished with digidesign/avid because they dropped the ball and are full of nothing but excuses blaming us loyal customers for their crap software not working like it should and dodging most of our threads(6031 especially!).Shame on them and I hope they get what they deserve(no more sales).Goodbye ole -6031!!!!May PT8 be the last nail in digis coffin!PEACE AND GOOD RIDDENS DIGI!!!!!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:19 PM

Default Re: I don't feel so ripped off anymore

As always, YMMV, but PT8 works just fine for me on both a Mac HD system and a PC based LE system.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-04-2009, 08:42 PM

MEAT, something is definitely wrong with your PT8 build, I don't know if I ever saw a -6031 error on any of my systems, HD, LE or M-Powered and DB33 works everywhere too, never had any issues you're describing.
First thing that could be causing issues would be an outdated version of some plug-in you have in there. Can't think of anything else at the moment.

I'm not saying that PT8 isn't messed up but I've been able to work full time for a long time now without issues.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:36 PM

i'm with meat ..i'm pretty well set with what i use now and i just got rid of my second mac backup system. keeping my windows pci hd 3 system and i'm not planning on upgrading anymore or upgrading any of my waves ,mcdsp or pro tools plugins as what i have works .. pretty ridiculous that with ever new version of pro tools you have update endless plugins . 8.0.1 is useless never worked ! just don't see how you can go from a working system to one upgrade and have digi to tell me that what i have and what i've been using for the last year is at fault. just so digi will know i've spent my last money with you pro tools 8.o cs3 hd 3 system with 192-96I-96 i/o and control 24
Old 10-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odeu87 View Post
i'm with meat ..i'm pretty well set with what i use now and i just got rid of my second mac backup system. keeping my windows pci hd 3 system and i'm not planning on upgrading anymore or upgrading any of my waves ,mcdsp or pro tools plugins as what i have works .. pretty ridiculous that with ever new version of pro tools you have update endless plugins . 8.0.1 is useless never worked ! just don't see how you can go from a working system to one upgrade and have digi to tell me that what i have and what i've been using for the last year is at fault. just so digi will know i've spent my last money with you pro tools 8.o cs3 hd 3 system with 192-96I-96 i/o and control 24

so what software would you buy next?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
As always, YMMV, but PT8 works just fine for me on both a Mac HD system and a PC based LE system.
hey no offence meant to anyone. albee your on mac hd we are on pc. mac and pc's are way different. if one is running well on one end doesn't mean it will work on the other side.

please not again with the just get a mac, really please. we see all of the mac problems as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneOuse View Post
MEAT, something is definitely wrong with your PT8 build, I don't know if I ever saw a -6031 error on any of my systems, HD, LE or M-Powered and DB33 works everywhere too, never had any issues you're describing.
First thing that could be causing issues would be an outdated version of some plug-in you have in there. Can't think of anything else at the moment.
I'm not saying that PT8 isn't messed up but I've been able to work full time for a long time now without issues.
meat has run with just stock digi plugs i believe with the same results

Gene are you saying you run HD on pc?

what i'm trying to get to is............ if your systems are working fine good for you . if you post saying all fine here when your using a different system ............... mac or pcie instead of pci etc etc your system is different!!!!!
those of us running HD pci cards on pc are having a hard time with version 8 . we made a mistake going to 8,huge mistake

digi has said here they are aware of problems on some systems therefore its not all sunshine for version 8.0.1 and they know it

Digi,dts,paulv anything new? we cannot work anymore
Old 10-05-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post

Gene are you saying you run HD on pc?

what i'm trying to get to is............ if your systems are working fine good for you . if you post saying all fine here when your using a different system ............... mac or pcie instead of pci etc etc your system is different!!!!!
I am running an HD3 Accel (PCI) system on ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro board win WinXP x64. Could be that running a 64-bit OS makes such a big difference but I'm definitely not having issues running PT 8.0.1. I may get a crash once a week but usually when using VI's or plugs with known issues.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneOuse View Post
I am running an HD3 Accel (PCI) system on ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro board win WinXP x64. Could be that running a 64-bit OS makes such a big difference but I'm definitely not having issues running PT 8.0.1. I may get a crash once a week but usually when using VI's or plugs with known issues.
How is HD on xp 64? I'm running my HD 4 accel on windows 7 64 and it's rocking hard man. I think it feels a little faster then xp did. I wonder if it's the 64 bit or windows 7. No problems with 8.0.1 as well. Mixing very big tv shows. Same motherboard. All the best
Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
How is HD on xp 64? I'm running my HD 4 accel on windows 7 64 and it's rocking hard man. I think it feels a little faster then xp did. I wonder if it's the 64 bit or windows 7. No problems with 8.0.1 as well. Mixing very big tv shows. Same motherboard. All the best
I have noticed that most of the people using that series board are able to run PTHD PCI...

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-05-2009, 01:55 AM

I was very frustrated with the 6031 errors too.
I followed all Digi's advice and pretty much removed all my plugins with no joy. I discovered that installing 8's drivers had caused some IRQ sharing which i think caused some problems.
However, the last thing i did was update my VST to RTAS plugin by Fxpansion and remove and re wrap all my VST plugins..BINGO!
Not a single 6031 error for 2 weeks now :)

Hope you get this sorted..I much prefer 8 to 7.4 now..althougth i can no longer use "narrow mix" mode as the graphics aren't clear any more in this mode compared to 7.4
Intel 2700k 3.8ghz
16GB Crucial Ram