Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 12-29-2012, 04:14 PM

Default Kontakt - find previous version preset?

I'm loading a session that has Kontakt 4 instruments loaded. I have Kontakt 5 installed. Is there a way I can find out what the of the previous instrument preset were loaded so I can load them in version 5?
Old 12-29-2012, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Kontakt - find previous version preset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abt View Post
I'm loading a session that has Kontakt 4 instruments loaded. I have Kontakt 5 installed. Is there a way I can find out what the of the previous instrument preset were loaded so I can load them in version 5?
Your message makes no sense - I think you left something out.

QAPLA!
Old 12-29-2012, 05:07 PM

Reinstall kontakt 4. Keep them both on your machine. Guitar Rig does the same thing. You have to keep the plugins for session compatibility. You can manually transfer your settings from version 4 into 5 while both plugins are open in your session.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abt View Post
You need to have a Kontakt 4 installed as well as 5, (it works fine having 4 and 5 installed at the same time.) Then if you really need to open the instruments in version 5, save the Multi from version 4 then open it in 5.

If you haven't got version 4, I believe the version of Kontakt 5 released in the last week or so will automatically replace Kontakt 4 instances. Not tried it myself though yet.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM

Updating Kontakt didn't work. Looks like I'm installing version 4 (what I was trying to avoid). Thanks for you help.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 PM

You're wanting saved presets that you created, like eq settings, envelopes, etc. right? The file extension for these is .nkp

On the mac they should be located in:

Library -> application support -> native instruments -> kontakt 4

On the pc I think it's

program files-> common files -> native instruments -> kontakt 4

Basically you just copy the ones you want, and paste them into the same folder(s) for kontakt 5.

Or as others have suggested, you might want to keep both versions installed. It's also noteworthy that once you save a .nki file from kontakt 5, it can no longer be opened with kontakt 4.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?