Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2011, 11:15 AM

Default Two issues with PTLE 8.0.4 and Focusrite OctoPre MkII

Hey there,

I bought a Focusrite OctoPre MkII to add to my already working PT 8.0.4 setup (using Digi002). I have followed the instructions re: how to set the clock settings and such so I do not get clicking. I have forgotten to do that with new projects, but it's easy enough to fix when I hear the clicks.

I have run into two strange issues that I cannot resolve:

1. Record-enabled tracks from OctoPre are not audible (well not exactly). I can see signal is being sent to the assigned tracks (using ADAT channels 3 and 4, which matches to inputs on the OctoPre). I can record something and playback is fine. If I disable Low Latency Monitoring, I can hear the record-enabled tracks. Here's the strange thing. If LLM is enabled, if I record-enable ADAT inputs 5 and 6 (the next two in line), I can now hear the inputs from 3 and 4. No signal is actually sent to the tracks assigned to 5 and 6. As a side note, I used to use an Alesis ADAT for the extra inputs via lightpipe. I never had this issue.

2. Noise is introduced to .WAV files (the individual tracks not a bounced mix) when listening back. This one is the most frustrating. I can record something (using both inputs from OctoPre and Digi002) and playback is fine. There is some condition under which the actual .WAV files become extremely distorted (digital sounding). This is for parts that I already listened to that were fine. I am not sure if it happens with longer recordings or what exactly causes the issue. It happens with new sessions that have yet to be closed.

I appreciate ideas/suggestions.

Thanks,
Robert