Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2018, 11:39 AM

Default Re: VCA Spill Newbie Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
VCA Spill is for PT only. The crashes sound like a software install issue or possibly something in Nuendo causing it. Where was the too many tracks message...Nuendo, Control App or EuControl ?
If VCA spill is PT only, how is this guy doing it with Cubase?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGXZ2rzhNss
Old 12-28-2018, 02:19 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsS6S1SSzA8&t=53s

At 3:14 on this video, this guys says that you can't use Eucon Hardware WITH PT Control. Even if that is the case, I tried using the PT Control solo and I still had it crash when I went to the tracks page.

Can anyone else confirm/deny this claim about using the App with hardware?
Old 12-28-2018, 02:54 PM

You can use the Control App with Artist Control as long as you have the latest firmware in the Artist Control and latest versions of Eucon and the App. That video is from 2015. There have been several software updates since then.

With regards to the VCA spill, I believe the S3 handles spill differently than the App does which might explain the S3 spilling VCA’s in Cubase and the Control App not. Originally you had posted about getting the VCA spill to work from the App, not the surface. It would be helpful if you were to layout out your exact configuration for the forum so someone can get a sense of what you’re working with. Hardware and software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-28-2018, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
.... It would be helpful if you were to layout out your exact configuration for the forum so someone can get a sense of what you’re working with. Hardware and software.
I stated in my opening what I'm using.
Quote:
I got a 2nd Gen. iPad for my birthday and loaded the PT Control App and the latest drivers for it, along with doing the same on my PC. I now have it working with my Artist Series gear (Euphonix Branded MC Control, 2 Mix and a Transport). Note that it's controlling Nuendo 8.3.15, as this is my primary DAW.
Do you mean specs or just all the gear being used? Here's my rigg:
Nuendo 1.0 - 8.3 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |
Old 12-28-2018, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
...With regards to the VCA spill, I believe the S3 handles spill differently than the App does which might explain the S3 spilling VCA’s in Cubase and the Control App not. Originally you had posted about getting the VCA spill to work from the App, not the surface.

I posted about VCA Spill from the app because all of the videos I saw, regarding it with the Artist Series, said that the App was REQUIRED to implement it. VCA Spill was supposedly available for the Artist Series since Eucon 3.7. I didn't have the PT App then. I updated to 3.7 (from a very stable 3.6) to access that new feature. When it didn't work and the system started acting shakey, I immediately returned to 3.6.

I thought I was upgrading the system by adding the PT Control App. What I was really looking for was a LARGE CHANNEL VIEW, that is not available on the MC Control. That, plus the larger text on the soft keys (which would reduce eye strain) and the ability to scroll quickly through large track counts (as opposed to constantly tapping the screen for increments of 8 tracks after the original 32 showed) was my motivation for making the purchase. The VCA Spill was just "icing on the cake."

But not only did I not get the VCA Spill, The introduction of the Tablet and App has made my entire system totally unstable! So, at present, it's a very expensive paper weight, since I can't use it at all.

Here's what I've found so far:
1) Activating the tracks page on the app makes the entire system crash.
2) For some odd reason the track calibration is OFF BY 12 (ie: Track 46 on the DAW & the hardware is labeled Track 58 on the Tablet).
3) Calibration on the EQ is still off. It was off on the hardware by a little. It's off a lot on the tablet (ie: HM EQ setting on DAW is 2000 That SAME setting on the App Channel View it's 2010).
4) The App doesn't follow Nuendo any better than the hardware did. So if I make my drum tracks the only visible tracks on the DAW, all of the tracks remain visable on the hardware and app.
5) All of the text on my Mixer keys page went blank while the App was on (though you could see the text on the same keys on the app). As soon as I shut PT Control down, the text on the MC Control screen returned.

That, plus the difficulty in getting answers to solve these issues have made for a very disappointing experience. No rant, just sayin'!
Old 12-29-2018, 12:39 AM
Avid

From the description of the youtube video "This is done with macros created in Autohotkey."
Old 12-29-2018, 12:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyplayerG View Post
Here's what I've found so far:
1) Activating the tracks page on the app makes the entire system crash.
2) For some odd reason the track calibration is OFF BY 12 (ie: Track 46 on the DAW & the hardware is labeled Track 58 on the Tablet).
3) Calibration on the EQ is still off. It was off on the hardware by a little. It's off a lot on the tablet (ie: HM EQ setting on DAW is 2000 That SAME setting on the App Channel View it's 2010).
4) The App doesn't follow Nuendo any better than the hardware did. So if I make my drum tracks the only visible tracks on the DAW, all of the tracks remain visable on the hardware and app.
5) All of the text on my Mixer keys page went blank while the App was on (though you could see the text on the same keys on the app). As soon as I shut PT Control down, the text on the MC Control screen returned.
1)So Windows Crashes, the iPad Crashes, Nuendo Crashes ? Please be more specific...are there error messages etc etc.
2)This must be something in Nuendo as the data comes from that
3)This is a Nuendo table issue
4)This needs Nuendo to implement this feature
5)Not sure whats going on here
Old 12-29-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
1)So Windows Crashes, the iPad Crashes, Nuendo Crashes ? Please be more specific...are there error messages etc etc.

I sent screen shots of the error messages. I never said Windows crashes. I said that Eucon Crashes. The PT Control App and all of the Artist Series hardware stops working until I reboot them, and that means a full shut down, not just restarting Eucon.

2)This must be something in Nuendo as the data comes from that
There's NO PROBLEM WITH THE HARDWARE. The tracks readout is identical to the DAW.

3)This is a Nuendo table issue
I don't know what that means.

4)This needs Nuendo to implement this feature
So, no help coming on this issue.

5)Not sure whats going on here
That makes 2 of us.