Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 AM

Default Sends on faders

I am currently learning the venue via "DSHOW" software as it will be installed in our new worship center in about a month. I am now using a yamaha digital board, and have grown to love the "sends on faders mode" where a selected send can be adjusted using the main faders. Surely this is in there somewhere, right?? Maybe I have to be in front of the board to see the button...

Help ease my transition, Venue Guru's!!:)
tp
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Sends on faders

If you're getting a D-Show surface the buttons are to the left of the rotary encoders. Take a look at the photo in the Venue area of the Digi site and you'll see a little yellow button that is the Flip to Fader button. Does exactly what you're looking for.

Erik
Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 AM

Hi Sheldon/Steve,

Regarding the Flip to Fader feature, it would be nice if there was an option that this feature will only affect the Aux send and not the other encoder controllable functions (such as Gain, HPF, Comp threshold etc). I got this request from several VENUE operators who accidently pressed the Flip to Fader button while the encoder was set to controll the ch. gain or HPF.

Thanks,
Old 01-04-2008, 08:15 AM

Excellent idea-- I have seen folks that were brought up on the PM1D get all flustered when they use the flip to faders and the encoders are set to gain. My usual response is- Oops guess that won't happen again will it

Scott
Old 01-04-2008, 01:25 PM

Although definitely an eye-opener, I think flipping the gains by mistake is less catastrophic than recalling the wrong Patch Library on a PM console

Some operators love the fact they can look at the gain trims, pans, compressor thresholds, etc right on the faders. It becomes a very quick and easy way to look for oddities in a mix.

We try to keep all of the features people want, without creating massive menu pages full of little check boxes (sound familiar?). Like Scott mentioned earlier in this thread - you only make the mistake, once
Old 01-05-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Although definitely an eye-opener, I think flipping the gains by mistake is less catastrophic than recalling the wrong Patch Library on a PM console

Some operators love the fact they can look at the gain trims, pans, compressor thresholds, etc right on the faders. It becomes a very quick and easy way to look for oddities in a mix.

Agreed! I love flip to faders when I need to check or adjust an aux/VG send across multiple faders at the same time. I enjoy having the ability to adjust gains this way too for situations like Steve said when you're looking for one vocal mic in a large praise team that's gained quite a bit higher than the rest from a weaker singer the previous week. I also mix on an M7CL and occasionally miss having gain on the Sends to Faders, but I can see why some don't like it.