Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 01-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Default Question for the experts

I have 2 issues. I moved IZotope Suite to my unused plug ins folder and I kept getting Pro Tools Exe System Error: The Program cant start because iZotope_Radius_Win32.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix this problem.

I can still open Pro Tools sessions, but this error pops up every time and is getting annoying. So I deleted iZotope from my computer. No change, error still pops up every time. So I went to trash preferences as I do quite often and there is no DAE preferences folder in the DAE folder? I have used Pro Tools 8 LE all the way up to Pro Tools 10 which I upgraded to a few weeks back. I trashed preferences in Pro Tools 10 last week and now there is no folder there. Any ideas on whats going on?
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Question for the experts

Looked around at all of my Pro Tools folders. Normally to trash preferences I go to Program files>common files>Digidesign

I found my DAE preferences folder under program files>Avid>Pro Tools>DAE????? It was not there last week. Is this where it is suppose to be?? Im also not seeing the Digidesign folder under Users>AppData>Roaming area, but there is an Avid Folder in there. Im scared to do anything.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM

When you moved the plugin, did you move 2 files or only 1 file? Each plugin usually has 2 files so maybe one was left behind?(usually being the important word here)

The better I drink...the more I mix.....

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-11-2012, 06:32 PM

No I always remove the dpm and rsr. Thanks for the suggestion though albee. I appreciate it.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Avid

iZotope_Radius_Win32.dll is a component used by the Pro Tools Elastic Audio system and is not part of iZotope Suite. This library is installed to the DAE Plug-Ins folder by the Pro Tools installer.

To prevent the errors that you are seeing and to restore full Elastic Audio functionality, you will need to replace this library in the DAE Plug-Ins folder. If you still have the file in your system Recycle Bin, simply move it back to the plug-ins folder. Alternatively, you can replace the library file by re-installing Pro Tools or by copying the iZotope_Radius_Win32.dll file from another system. As a short-term fix for the errors, you can also move Elastic Audio.dpm and Elastic Audio.dpm.rsr to the unused plug-ins folder. This should eliminate the errors, but will also disable Elastic Audio until the plug-in files are reinstalled.

I hope this helps,
Rob
Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 PM

Rob, you are the man!!!! Thank you so much. Fortunately the file was in recycle bin. You just saved me future hours of me looking up why my elastic audio wont work lol. Ok anyone on the trashing prefs in PT 10? Is the file in the Avid folder marked DAE Prefs ok to trash? Like I said, in PT 9 the Dae Prefs were in a digidesign folder.