Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-19-2010, 03:01 PM

Default 003 and banks

I'm teaching a recording class at a community college. I'm new to Pro Tools but that's the only thing they have right now. They use an 003 Factory with PT Le 8. When I turn everything on I cannot slelect any other bank other than the first 8 (7) channels. When I select the bank button it lights up but at the top of the control surface where the "banks" should be selectable, nothing lights up allowing me to use this feature, so I can only use the faders for the first 7 tracks. since I've never used one of these and since there is no documentation except for some very incomplete stuff in an Avid folder I'm trying to find out if I need to configure the 003 a certain way, if I'm just missing pushing something that will allow me to access other banks or if maybe the thing is just broken. I have no way of knowing. Can anyone help?
Thank you
Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Default Re: 003 and banks

"Bank Switch" the large round button to the right of the jog/shuttle wheel.
It has arrows top-bottom-left-right..
Hit the right side (right arrow) of the Bank Switch button, to move to the next 8 faders.
----------
When enabled (lit) the arrow keys let you bank 003 fader strips to the previous or next eight tracks. You can also control and adjust selections and scroll in the Pro Tools Edit window.

From page 46 of the Getting Started booklet... should have came with the unit.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:52 PM

Jay, Thank you, that was certainly easy, just my inexperience shining through. On my regular system the banks are called pages so I thought I would switch banks by changing the pages at the top of the controller. There is no booklet with the unit, like I said it belongs to the school and a different instructor set it up, I came in a year later and there is no documentation. But thank you very much, problem solved.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:09 PM

No Problem.
The 003 console always starts up in "Mute" mode as a safety measure.
It still throws me