Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2000, 10:39 AM

Default VX Pocket

I was wondering if you could use a Vx Pocket with PT Free. It Supports Sound Manager so it should work Right..
Old 11-05-2000, 03:22 AM

Default Re: VX Pocket

The VX Pocket works for playback for PT Free, but with the latest drivers (2.6) you get a poor signal (kind of sounds like digital glitches) when recording into PT Free. Digigram are working on an update for the drivers I believe. With PT 4.3, my VX Pocket worked perfectly. You don't get the full 24 -Bit range as Sound Manager is only able to deal with 16-Bit, but the sound quality did far surpass the regular Power Book I/O. I'd wait until you see newer drivers on Digigram's page before buying. I'll post again when I know for certain that it works fully. Cheers!
Old 11-06-2000, 06:01 AM

Default Re: VX Pocket

Artic

I have a VX Pocket and have used it with PT4.3 but my problem has been clicks at the start of playback which seem to be related to the instantaneous output value when the previous playback was stopped. It appears that the DAC is stopped when playback stops (no freewheeling of the sample clock). I want to use the system for theatrical sound effects and it is not possible to wait for the end of each playback region (where the amplitude would normally be zero). I have not tried the Digigram driver v. 2.6 yet and wondered if this cured the problem?