Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 AM

Default Problems with Snapshots

Having problems with my profile and can't seem to figure out why it is happening.

I am using snapshots to rearrange VCA assignments, mutes, and names of channels. When I affect these changes using the standalone software and upload it to the venue, the snapshots recall fine. However, when I start editing snapshots on the console, it is not saving them correctly.

For instance, my first snapshot is the opening number. I saved it and locked it. Snapshot 2 assigns several mics (I have 30 wireless that I have to mute and assign to VCAs to make them easier to get to) to a VCA, mutes the channels that I am not using, and renames a vocal mic. So, I get to the show and have to make a couple of changes.

I enter edit mode, reassign a new mic to the vox VCA, unassign the one I don't want, target the snapshot I want (I am already in it), and hit absolute. I save the snapshot. I return to the previous snapshot that is locked, and the changes I made to the second snapshot are showing up in the first.

What am I doing wrong? I have tried all different ways of doing it. I have also created a new snapshot, scoped the channels I wanted for recall, scoped the parameters I wanted in the snapshot, made the changes, and saved it. My changes are affecting several if not all of my snapshots randomly.

There is absolutely nothing checked in the recall safe grid and as far as I know, nothing is safed from automation recall.

I am running firmware version 2.9.1.269.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Avid

Default Re: Problems with Snapshots

Hi,

For what you describe - assigning and de-assigning channels from a VCA - Edit mode isn't required. Simply recall the snapshot, make the change of assignments (in real time, not in Edit mode) and re-store the snapshot. That will capture the change.

Sheldon