Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-02-2003, 08:54 AM

Default Re: Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!

only in this section of the DUC will you find people always seeing greener on the other side!! By happy with the choice you made and get on with writing!

So much time always looking for the next excuse to not be productive can't be healthy!!
Old 10-02-2003, 09:07 AM

The alternatives to the 002 are much better than the 002. I find the faders on the 002 plasticky and horrible, like theyve been thrown together haphazardly, they are loose and dont feel like real faders. My preferred option is 002r with mackie control which has real faders, graphic display (unlike the Tascam) and is compatible with logic and pro tools. In fact I would say its *almost* as good as the Pro Control, but 1/10th of the price....

Old 10-02-2003, 10:34 AM

The read me doc on the Tascam site says:

Using the FW-1884 with Pro Tools
Pro Tools Free
This software is available as a free download from Digidesign. It records and plays back up to eight tracks of audio and 48 tracks of MIDI, and has many of the plug-in and editing power of the more high-end versions of Pro Tools. It uses Apple Sound Manager on Mac OS 9 and Windows MME drivers. As of the time of this writing, Digidesign hasn’t announced a Mac OS X version of the product.
The FW-1884 functions as a control surface in HUI emulation mode with Pro Tools Free. Just add a “HUI” in the Pro Tools “Peripherals” window and you’ll have full transport, editing and mixing control. Select Sound Manager (Mac OS 9) or MME (Windows) as your audio system to get 2-channel input and output. You can also use the four-port MIDI interface via OMS (Mac).

Pro Tools LE
Pro Tools LE is a version of Pro Tools that requires one of Digidesign’s interfaces to function, you can’t use the FW-1884 as the audio interface for this software. However, you could use the FW-1884’s mic preamps, line inputs and ADAT inputs, submixed to a stereo signal, and record this digitally into Pro Tools using the FW-1884’s S/PDIF output.
HUI emulation works with this software – all of the transport, editing and mixing commands supported in other versions of Pro Tools work in LE. You can also use the four-port MIDI interface via OMS (Mac).
Old 10-02-2003, 01:12 PM

Quote:
only in this section of the DUC will you find people always seeing greener on the other side!! By happy with the choice you made and get on with writing!

So much time always looking for the next excuse to not be productive can't be healthy!!
Huh?....... I was e-mailed about this unit and wanted the folks here know about it. It's not looking for greener pastures or excuses, it's called CHOICES.....I haven't seen one post or thread about the FW-1884 till this one.
You one of those p*ssed off TDM users...he he he...pretty soon...real soon.... our LE systems will rival TDM at under half the cost.