Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2014, 04:13 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 on Win 8. USB midi trouble.

I have installed Pro Tools 11 on a win 8 PC, but I can't get midi working trough USB. I have tried my Yamaha CP300 and my Yamaha Tyros 4. I have even bought and installed the M-Audio Keystation49es. They all pop up in the in/out selection in mix, but I get no signal. i have innstalled all the correct drivers, so I'm out of options.
Can anyone help me ?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 on Win 8. USB midi trouble.

Hi
1. I had the same problem with my audio interface though it's firewire and not usb . In a previous post there was an advice to reinstall the drivers AFTER you install ProTools , i did and i had the same problem , so i also installed Asio4All (google it) , and when launching PT press "N" key and a menu pops out to let you select what driver to use with your audio interface , first check the Asio4All , and let PT complete launching , then switch it back to the Asio driver of your audio interface. This might the problem affecting other usb devices such as controllers.
2.Are you on Win 8.1 or 8 ? and check the drivers compatibility . I had a usb driver for my keyboard on 8 but when upgraded to 8.1 it stopped working so i use a conventional midi cable.
3.Try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers after PT and not before (keep PT , uninstall / reinstall the drivers) and try the Asio4all and switch back .
good luck
4.did you check the midi inputs on the channels ?

i found some useful information about the m-audio keystation : http://community.m-audio.com/m-audio..._and_windows_8
it says that you have to uninstall the win7 drivers , and if you use a usb hub or usb 3.0 you may want to connect it directly to a usb 2.0
and yamaha drivers here : http://download.yamaha.com/usb_midi/
of course install either x86 or x64 .
Old 01-25-2014, 08:46 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 on Win 8. USB midi trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmax View Post
I have installed Pro Tools 11 on a win 8 PC, but I can't get midi working trough USB. I have tried my Yamaha CP300 and my Yamaha Tyros 4. I have even bought and installed the M-Audio Keystation49es. They all pop up in the in/out selection in mix, but I get no signal. i have innstalled all the correct drivers, so I'm out of options.
Can anyone help me ?
Try experimentation with a combination of the following (worked for me):
ADMIN mode install.
ADMIN mode run PT.
ADMIN mode install usb midi drivers.
MIDI through on.
Track on RECORD QP on. (Should be blinking)
Tracks Armed/Input monitoring.

Also make sure all of your USB devices are NOT set to "power save mode" (under power options) and usb "selective suspend" should be off.

Pro Tools 11 HD, 64Gb ram, 12tb SSD, 1909
HD Omni/Thunderbolt Native
A bucketload of libraries
www.Reverbnation.com/jedediahjenk
www.soundcloud.com/jedediahjenk
notedmusic.wix.com/jedediahjenk

Last edited by notedmusic; 01-26-2014 at 11:12 AM.