Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Default Re: New Pro Tools Mbox Personal Recording Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichman View Post
Perhaps you can elucidate: What exactly would be the name of this imaginary software that lets one run 192kHz sampling rate on the new MBox Pro?
The AVID page mentions that the device can be used with other software. I.E. Not limited to Pro Tools LE...

Nuendo, Cubase etc...
Digidesign 003R+PT 2020.12.0, Gigabyte GA-Z97X, CPU INTEL i7-4790 4.0Ghz, CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB; ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 PCIe Multiple WD Caviar Black 2Tb Spinner Drives; 1 PPA 80GB 1394 Firewire Oxford 911 PYRO PCI64R2 3 Port Firewire Card (PCIe) Antec 300 case. PSU 600W,
Windows 10 Home.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:08 PM

Just curious, but no one has yet mentioned this. How does it sound? Seems like it should be an improvement over the older models, and I know this is completely an opinion, but does it sound good, great, or awesome?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:09 PM

To SalParadise,

I'm not Stingray, but the manual clearly states that through spidf external clocking cannot go above 48khz, just like the old one. It's on page 46, I believe. However, this limitation may only be for PT LE and MPowered, and may not be the case when used with other software.

You can download the manual here:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-...-Pro/resources
Old 09-14-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
To SalParadise,

I'm not Stingray, but the manual clearly states that through spidf external clocking cannot go above 48khz, just like the old one. It's on page 46, I believe. However, this limitation may only be for PT LE and MPowered, and may not be the case when used with other software.

You can download the manual here:

http://www.avid.com/US/products/Pro-...-Pro/resources
Appreciate the link, I had checked the site but hadn't found the manual. Thanks!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:38 PM

Okay, I'm sold on the mbox pro either way, but I'd like to know more about the built in reverb. Is this the same one that is in the Eleven rack(which if I remember right is based on Reverb One)?

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:55 PM

That's a good question. But the other thing is that, regardless of how good it is, is whether it could be used as an effect while mixing, or if it's only designed for tracking.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
That's a good question. But the other thing is that, regardless of how good it is, is whether it could be used as an effect while mixing, or if it's only designed for tracking.
...and, is this DSP exclusively for Pro Tools, or is it available for other DAWs?

To me that would make it the real clincher for someone who uses say, Logic primarily, but would still buy the MBox as an interface. DSP4ALL would make it an intriguing device indeed.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 09-14-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
If it's like my TC electronic interface, it can be used either way. Considering how well thought out the standalone mode part seems to be I'm guessing they did it like the TC.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 09-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
If it's like my TC electronic interface, it can be used either way. Considering how well thought out the standalone mode part seems to be I'm guessing they did it like the TC.
That's correct.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:26 PM

Any more details about the reverb you can give us Digi?