Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-12-2010, 02:28 PM

Default Re: DAE Error 35 and crashing on "Open Session"

Hey there, I'm also encountering DAE 35 errors...
PT MPWRD 8.0.3, OSX 10.6.2, projectmix with latest driver, MAc Pro octo, 8GB RAM.
I've gone through all Digi troubleshooting but installing a FW400 PCIe card... whitch I'll try tomorrow.

Did you gret through it, any news???

Thanks, Carlos
Old 04-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Avid

I think the Airport BAs Station is pretty common in crash logs and has nothing to do with this. I'm seeing the same Error 35's on My MacBook Pro. Was running great with the same session on Eleven Rack, but as soon as I switched to Aggregate to do some mixing, I started seeing the errors, the FInder would lock up, all that. I have no AAF, OMF or any other video-related stuff in the session, just 3 stereo tracks. The audio files all play in iTunes, so their headers are OK....this is a very weird one indeed.
P&S Creative Professional
AVID
Old 05-19-2011, 08:55 AM

THECHIMP

About problems with aggregate on pro tools, check out this video, mayba can help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCXMZwJEKdc

About DAE ERROR 35.... I found something....

I just bought 2 new HDs WD black caviar....
Then i made a "save session copy in". for use those news HDs, and started getting this message. error 35.
Well, i found that was always at the same point that message...
Resuming... Was a determinated file "crashed", and in other session, was because of a "corrupt" fade.

Then i got a sollution for now...
You MUST configure the HD for read and write and unlock. Then apply this to all enclosing folders.
If the problem persists, then is just "save session copy in" again, or just go to the old session, take the audio files and drag to the new HD, replacing all that was there.

Dont know if i was clear. My english is not good, but i entered this forum trying to help, because i saw this topic, and got a solution that worked perfecly here.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:31 PM

I am getting the DAE 35 error when trying to import the samples from the workspace window? I tried to copy the cd to the macbook pro and it does the same thing? any ideas where i can take my gear where they can show me wtf is goin on?
Old 11-07-2011, 09:34 AM

I am having the same DAE 35 Error on My MacBook Pro 10.6.8... but the same session opens on my PC Laptop Win XP Sp3

Noone found an answer on this? The session just won't open...

"could not complete your request because DAE error 35 was encountered..."

I found this: DAE error 35 = OMFI Media Files folder on a Unity volume contains illegal characters.

If so, how come it opened on a PC, and not on a Mac?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:06 AM

glad I found the answer quickly: I just Copied the files on another drive, then it opened. The other Hard drive was new... very weird.

EDIT: I Disk warrior the drive, and still get the DAE 35 error...

What is wrong with this Drive? It'S a Seagate GoFlex 3To Firewire 800 and USB 2 drive
Old 11-09-2011, 05:20 AM

So just learning that some drives do not work with Pro Tools. This is the weirdest thing I've ever heard. At the store, when I returned the drive, I'm sure they thought I was a liar!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:46 AM

Hello lapieuvre, I'm getting exatcly the same issue! how did you get off that trap? I'm trying save session copy, import session data, copying file per file (since that was a live show, in those audios aren't edited) and nothing.
please sorry for my bad english