Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2020, 10:14 PM

Default I/O Problem

I'm using Pro Tools 12 with an Avid MBox 3 Mini on a 2015 Macbook Air with Sierra OS (version 10.12.6). No monitors or any other outboard hardware or interfaces. Out of nowhere, when I switch my playback engine to the MBox, I go to arm a track for recording and get the "1 or more tracks can't be armed because it doesn't have an input or output assigned" message. I have tried deleting the paths and hitting default on the output which does what it's supposed to. For the input, it doesn't give me the Default option. The button is greyed out. I have tried uninstalling Pro Tools and trashing my preferences then reinstalling Pro Tools, all to no avail. I have no clue how to fix this and I just have basic PT knowledge. Mostly just using PT to record demos and vocals. Any help would be appreciated because all of the stuff I've googled on this issue does not work. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-02-2020, 10:20 PM

Default Re: I/O Problem

If you are using Pro Tools 12 why are you posting this to a Pro Tools First forum? Hopefully a moderator can move.

What does Audio/MIDI setup show for the Mbox 3 Mini inputs?

Either way download clean copies of the driver from the Avid Web site and reinstall those.

Start Pro Tools without opening a session, making sure the Mbox 3 Mini is selected as the playback engine... what shows up now on each of the IO Setup pages. Screenshots of each page might help. If that looks OK create a *new* session and see if the input works.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 11-02-2020 at 11:07 PM.