Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 07-25-2020, 12:54 PM

Default Re: MPK249 keyboard suddenly stopped working

Just to chime in here...I don't have a solution for you but I do have the same problem. I'm on an iMac, however, High Sierra with an Apollo Twin interface and an M Audio keyboard that worked fine for years and then a few months ago stopped working. I can operate the VIs with my mouse, as you said, but my instrument tracks no longer see the keyboard. I've done as much troubleshooting as I could figure out and just kind of forget about it for awhile because most of my recording doesn't center around MIDI, but I sure would love for it to work again!

Hope someone comes up with a solution for you and, maybe, for me, too.
Old 11-30-2020, 10:37 AM

Default Re: MPK249 keyboard suddenly stopped working

Hi guys - Just wanted to chime in that I'm having this issue now, and ask have you guys had any luck fixing this? This is the first time I have tried to use my MPK261 keyboard (same midi controller line as OP) since around early summer this year, so it's possible it would have begun having this similar issue at the same time, had I tried it.

I get the same message: "Pro Tools is unable to communicate with M-Audio Keyboard. Power-cycle M-Audio Keyboard and check its connections. [etc.]"

It works just fine with Sibelius still. And it used to work perfectly in Pro Tools earlier this year.

My theory at the moment is that it could have something to do with an auto-update of Pro Tools to 2020.5, which we all seem to be running here. I could be wrong of course.

Any thoughts/progress? Thanks.

-Jeremy