Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 AM

Default Upgrading from 002 to Native HD?

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone been successful in upgrading from a 00X interface to a HD Native using the promotion on Avid's website here:
http://www.avid.com/US/specialoffers...x-to-hd-native

Specifically, I contacted 2 authorized dealers and they both tell me that I can only order the Omni interface to get the trade-in. I wanted the 8x8x8 and both authorized dealers said that it can't be done.

But on the web page for the 20% discount on the total purchase it says the following in the second bullet:

"Capture audio in pristine clarity and hear what you’ve been missing withyour choice of Pro Tools HD Series interface (included)"

Any ideas? Anyone with an Authorized dealer in the US that can purchase this upgrade?

Thanks
Tony
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Upgrading from 002 to Native HD?

I agree that the Avid special offer seems to imply that you have a choice.

If you haven't already, check with Sweetwater, Alto Music, or Vintage King.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Upgrading from 002 to Native HD?

If it cannot be done I guess thats that,
Try ALTO MUSIC altomusic.com

they have been great to me. I wouldn't consider any other store for anything more than a pack of strings.