Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 06-03-2020, 01:58 AM

Default Pro Tools Zoom Toggle not making vertical focus

Dear Colleagues,

I was wondering where we can send our feedback to Avid about Pro Tools features' improvements since Pro Tools IdeaScale seems to be not working anymore.. I tried Avid Customer Centre but I had no luck...

as stated in the title I get really frustrated by the behaviour of the zoom toggle when accidentally I scroll vertically or horizontally after make the selection.. by activating and turn it off it doesn't bring the focus over the selection like OPT+F would do instead.

sorry I am explaining a little bad but you can watch this 20 sec video that explaining perfectly the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUrt_vuqqjU

I hope to receive some feedback here,
Thanks!!
Old 06-03-2020, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools Zoom Toggle not making vertical focus

Hi, welcome to the community.

Your post needed to be manually approved, because it had a link and you don't have enough posts yet. Do not get confused Just need little more posts.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:08 AM

Thanks, I will be waiting for some replies on the topic then :)
Old 06-04-2020, 03:18 PM

no one wants to share their thoughts about this?
Old 06-04-2020, 04:04 PM

Having no audio in the video makes it a bit unclear what the issue is. Having said that, you're using a button that I have never actually used. Whenever I want to zoom an area, I usually use the "e" key(seeing that you do have keyboard focus enabled). Hitting e zooms in, hitting it again zooms back out. Maybe give that a try and see if it works any different? Also, it might be worth checking the zoom settings in your Preferences settings

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-04-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Having no audio in the video makes it a bit unclear what the issue is. Having said that, you're using a button that I have never actually used. Whenever I want to zoom an area, I usually use the "e" key(seeing that you do have keyboard focus enabled). Hitting e zooms in, hitting it again zooms back out. Maybe give that a try and see if it works any different? Also, it might be worth checking the zoom settings in your Preferences settings
ok ehehe you never actually used.. no need audio in the video.. it explain perfectly how the zoom toggle works.. preferences are fine and I talked to avid "evangelist" trainer and the feature is meant to be working within the selection focused ... if you accidentally scroll horizontally or vertically as you can see in the video, then pressing E again you loose the focus of the selection on screen .. and I am saying focus not the selection.. the selection is still there but you might be wondering where you are in the session if you have 200 tracks...

well is there a place to make suggestion to avid? avid customer care doesn't work and Pro Tools Ideascale is kind of close... you can't subscribe anymore..

what I really want is this zoom toggle to actually bring you back to the focus of the selection if accidentally you scroll vertically or horizontally in the session..
Old 06-05-2020, 01:21 AM

Avid are not interested in feedback of this kind
Old 11-19-2020, 05:04 AM

I have been dealing with this issue for years. I’ve tried everything new reinstall of OS included. Any luck?
Old 02-01-2021, 10:44 AM

We also have been struggling with this for years, back in pro tools 10(or 11) I can't remember but there used to be an option for justifying the expanded selection or track would bring it to the top! can they not bring that preference back? used to work like a charm now its just a total annoyance and what used to be a favourite short cut we now almost turn off entirely. We also would love to have a moderator chime in on why this is no longer a feature/preference.