Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2015, 01:12 AM

Default Sending MMC to Pro tools causes audio throughput to stop

I'm having horrendous issues trying to sync Pro tools as a slave to a master clock coming from an MPC4000 via an RME UFX (MTC + MMC) - i think i've isolated it to being something to do with MMC (although it could be somewhat time code related too). Basically I can see audio on the input pro tools meters but as soon as pro tools is put into online mode the level disappears... likewise when no audio is playing and i start the MPC you see a single spike on the pro tools meters and then nothing (although interestingly sometimes there appears to be a second spike several seconds later). I should point out the RME shows input is still getting that far but inputs within pro tools and therefore the outputs on the RME go silent
This is driving me crazy - has anyone got any ideas? (No I don't want to run pro tools as the master)