Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 01-21-2020, 01:02 PM

Default Protools 12.6.1 Windows: no sound in playback

Hi everyone,

I've been spending some time trouble shooting this issue, but haven't been able to find a forum with a solution so far..

I'm running Protools 12.6.1 on Windows 10 and using Asio4all. I do not have a dedicated audio interface. The program has run smoothly on my computer for the last several years, but today after booting it up I found that I was not getting any playback sound. The levels are still responding and I am still seeing waveforms in my audio clips, but no sound. After booting up some of my older sessions, I've found that this issue is now effecting all of them.

So far, I have tried resetting my I/O to default, lowering the sample rate on Asio4all, making sure that Asio4all is using the output device that I am using, checked to make sure that Protools is using Asio4all as it's playback engine, and double checked all of the obvious solutions (no headphones plugged in, monitors turned on, etc.)

I've included a few screenshots of my session in case there are any glaring issues that I've missed. I'm by no means an expert at Protools and would appreciate any help that I can get with this problem!

Cheers