Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2010, 12:53 PM

Default Pro Tools 8.0.4 Regions were adjusted or deleted in the following places:

Something funny going on with the latest update 8.0.4 for LE. I have been getting a message when I go to open a session saying "Regions were adjusted or deleted in the following places" This is scary to say the least. I have not noticed any missing audio or regions and the session does not try to search for them after I open it. Is anyone else having this issue??
I stated getting these messages write after I updated from 8.0.3 which was running great to 8.0.4.
Using an 002 on a Mac Pro 2008 8 core with Snow Leopard 10.6.4
Old 09-09-2010, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.4 Regions were adjusted or deleted in the following places:

No light to shed on it, but I'm seeing the same thing, since 8.0.4 upgrade on an HD system on a 2.66GHZ quad core mac running snow leopard.
It's a nuisance, but I haven't noticed anything actually affected either. Please advise if there's a fix anyway.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.4 Regions were adjusted or deleted in the following places:

Same here,
Have no idea what's this about
Old 11-11-2010, 09:02 PM

I had this happen to me too.. here's what I "think" it was.

I had a session open and someone asked a question "can you do this" type of thing. So I saved the session with a new name. I made a bunch of edits to show what was asked. This created new regions.

then I was done so I did a close session on the newly renamed session and selected NO SAVE .. so i had a bunch of new regions I think and didn't save ( maybe I was on long enough for an auto backup file to be created ? )

When I went back to the old session name I got that message. When I went to the renamed session I got that message as well. In the renamed one I could see blank regions where i had moved stuff an not saved..The regions should not have saved with the no save exit but they did and the fact that I was getting a message in the previously "known good" session made me kind of panic. And it kind of looked like wav files had disappeared from disk, even though that isn't possible ( supposedly ) , but you can imagine the fear.. especially with others witnessing what looked like at first - a data loss.

To get rid of it .. I quickly searched through the backup files that autosave and brought one up that occurred just before the "save as" for the scratch session. Everything was fine. Whew.

This only happened once to me .. but since then I've kind of gotten into the habit of saving anyways.. even if its on a scratch instance. If I bring up something to just show or tweak for a test .. i save as a new session..and save before exit.

Because of this I've gotten into the habit of appending date stamps to the end of session name in the format year|month|day|2-dig-number that way they all filter correctly in order when looking for the latest ones in finder or when opening a session. I kind of like that level of organization now that im used to it. .. would be a cool option for PT to create a name-stamp automatically.

Anyways, Hope that helps.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM

I believe I found the problem, when doing a vocal over dub and i didn't like the take, sometimes I hit undo record, these seem to be the missing files which were trashed and even though you then save and closed the session the next time you open it you get the message with a list of the missing files. Next time you save the session and a long as you did not do any more undo records the session will open without reporting missing files. So at the end of the day no files have gone missing it's just a bug.
Old 03-02-2011, 10:59 AM

My understanding is that 8.0.4 is problematic and has never been sorted out and now due to PT9 probably never will be.

However, don't lose hope - PT 8.0.3 with a couple of CS updates is ROCK SOLID.

so

1) 8.0.4 - BAD JOKE

2) 8.0.3 - GREAT

There is your solution