Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-14-2017, 03:10 AM

Default TL Space became Space, and part of the Update Plan: did Avid "stole" my licence?

Hello,

I had a licence for TL Space, which I paid for years ago.

Then TL Space became "Space" and is now part of the Update Plan.

I stopped paying for the update plan.

I didn't loose the Revibe plug (for which I had also paid years ago) but Space is now unusable because of the "update plan policy".

I really feel ripped off (or am I missing something here?).
Don't you?

Administrator of Brotools, free online tutorials for the french Pro Tools user.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:50 AM

Default Re: TL Space became Space, and part of the Update Plan: did Avid "stole" my licence?

Sounds like one of the "added value" plugins that you can use as long as you keep your support plan intact. Support plan lapses, so do the added value plugins. Do you still have the original TL Space license and installer?
Old 06-14-2017, 04:47 AM

Default Re: TL Space became Space, and part of the Update Plan: did Avid "stole" my licence?

I am on PT11.3.1 , no plan/subscritption and "Avid Space 12.0 Setup" is the last version, I can install.
"Space 12.1 is only authorized by a Pro Tools Plan or Pro Tools HD Plan license"
(http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...se-Information)
Maybe 12.0 is working for you.
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 06-14-2017, 09:03 AM

Thanks Joachim, I didn't know that, this is kinda tricky...
I'll downgrade to 12.0.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:07 PM

I couldn't find any accounts using your community email address to check on your licenses, but if you own a perpetual Space license then you simply need to install the supported version of the plug-in. Please see the Tech Alert posted back in April for more info. Thanks!
Old 06-14-2017, 01:32 PM

Thanks but Joachim already gave me the right answer.
I downgraded to 12.0 and it worked.
It still seems kinda "funny" that a licence I paid for will no longer be supported except if I pay more.
Strange philosophy....

Old 06-14-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2 View Post
...It still seems kinda "funny" that a licence I paid for will no longer be supported except if I pay more...
Perhaps you didn't read the post I linked to? It describes how owners of perpetual licenses received new licenses which authorize 12.1/higher. Again, I was unable to find your account to verify for you, so please take a look at your account in iLok License Manager and let us know if you didn't get the new license. Note that I also updated just the Space Licensing KB to explain which versions of the plug-in to use with each license. Hope that helps.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:39 AM

Hi Jeffro,

Sorry, I didn't understood your post correctly.
I've checked and there are, indeed, several available licences for Space.
I've activated the most recent one (it's a drag that the Ilok manager doesn't display which version of the plugin the licence is for...).
Thanks.