Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2017, 12:51 PM

Default In today's mail...

I received this today:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Recently you requested assistance from Avid Customer Care.
Below is our response and a summary of your request.

To update this case, reply to this email leaving the subject line as it is and enter your response at the top of the email.

Current Response:

Entered on: 6/23/2017 2:19 AM

Dear Robert,

We would like to apologize for a payment error that Avid has identified recently. There was a payment collection problem with some transactions processed between November 2016 and May 2017. Your account was charged a Pre-Authorization at that time, which means we didn’t collect the money but just put these funds on hold. The product was sent to your account, but since we did not capture the payment, we are collecting the funds now. Rest assured that our system just captured the payment once, you may also contact your bank for confirmation. There were no duplicate charges, just a delay in collecting it from our end.

To make up for the inconvenience, we will be sending you a discount code for future use on our web store.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any concerns by simply responding to this email, and again, we’re very sorry that this occurred.

Thanks,
Margarita
Avid Web Store Support
Previous Responses:

Case Description:

Discount for Delayed Payment Capture
If we don't hear from you within 24-48 hours, our Support Team will check in with you to see if you need further assistance, and close the case on the 36th hour that we don't get a reply. If you have any other questions, need further assistance or feel that the issue is not completely resolved, please feel free to re-open the case or chat with us on the web store by going to shop.avid.com and clicking "Chat Now" from Monday- Friday,11am-8pm EST. We appreciate your business with Avid.

We're Avid.Learn More www.avid.com
© 2015 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid Logo, and other Avid trademarks are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
1) I did not recently request any assistance, at least nothing I can remember. Maybe that's baked into the CS reply system?
2) The only purchase I can recall making is the Vanilla-level yearly tax, $99.
3) Are you kidding me? I get that coding and fixing the "industry standard" DAW is a complex endeavor. Collecting payment is not. Somebody needs to "have their future freed up".
4) Assuming this isn't a scam (I don't believe that it is), it's pretty easy to draw a straight line between this kind of incompetence and the dismal stock price. SIX MONTHS OF UNCOLLECTED REVENUE? Unbelievable!
5) You can bet your ass that I replied. I've "requested" that they provide the date of the purchase, what was purchased, the amount of the purchase and the last four digits of the account they'll charge.

Anybody else see this from Avid? Has anyone ever seen anything like this from a company of this size?

I'm just shaking my head...
Old 06-22-2017, 01:15 PM

Default Re: In today's mail...

Let us know if the details (when you receive them) solve this for you.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-22-2017, 01:35 PM

They did that to me last November also.

What a mess, I had purchased an overlay for my Surface and they said they didn't charge me.

My account said otherwise so I didn't call them back.

But they called me in February from a charge in November....I ignored it and told them that I had been charged appropriately and the payment cleared my bank.

Sometimes it makes me wonder who the heck is in charge over there
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:39 PM

Another reason I buy everything from 3rd party vendors instead of from the Avid store.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 06-22-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
Another reason I buy everything from 3rd party vendors instead of from the Avid store.
Can you pay the tax through a third party vendor? AD? Sweetwater?

Response received moments ago -
----------------------------------------------------------------
Current Response:

Entered on: 6/23/2017 3:40 AM Entered by: Eric Villenas

Hi Robert,

Thank you for contacting AVID Web Store.

This is Eric from Avid Web Store Support and I'm taking over this case. We are now checking the details of this information to our Finance team. Will email you again once we have an update coming from them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,
Eric V.
AVID Web Store Support

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-22-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
Can you pay the tax through a third party vendor? AD? Sweetwater?
Yes you can.

Pro Tools HD 2019.12 | HD Native PCIe & HD Native Thunderbolt | Lynx Aurora 16 HD | HD I/O | Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | macOS Mojave 10.14.4 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v10 & Abbey Road Collection
Old 06-26-2017, 09:01 AM

For the record, on Friday the 23rd I received the discount code mentioned in the original mail.

I have not yet received the transaction information that I need. I had asked on Thursday the 22nd to have that information by close of business on Friday the 23rd. It's now Monday the 26th.

Still sitting by.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:55 PM

Same story for me. I think what happened was they processed my renewal and renewed my license, but delayed - forgot? - to actually process payment through my credit card at the same time. Now that they're remembering to ding my credit card they're giving me a discount code to make up for their delay.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-26-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Let us know if the details (when you receive them) solve this for you.
I received the transaction details at 6:07 pm MDT today.

I asked for the following information and received all of it -
Date of Order(s)
Charge amount(s)
Product(s) for which the charge(s) are being made
The final four digits of the account from which the funds will be drawn.

It turned out to be the Upgrade plan (tax) as I'd suspected. Fortunately for the Avid Web Store, the account they'll be hitting has enough to cover the charge at this time; this isn't something I could be certain of in other accounts at all times.

I've replied to my new best friend Eric V that he can close the case.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:25 AM

Thanks for the update, Bob.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com