Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 08-16-2018, 04:50 PM

Default NEW HDX card next year?

I wrote training and support they told me to post the below question in the Community forum.

Ive heard that next year a new replacement for the HdX card will come it. What part of the year? Will it be backwards compatible?

Now back when I bought my 001 ver 5. It was just in time not too get upgrade grace. My HD3Accel Card set seemed to be the current model for barely over a year and a half. My control 24 exactly 7 months, one month out of upgrade grace. The 96 well the most expensive patch bay ever. The trade in programs are always a so so tricky mess. Designed to be no help at all unless you are major money dumping. Cant even get a hardware only trade in. Would like to buy now, but experience has taught me not to trust Avid.

Pro Tools Certified Degreed from training partner college (Foothill) and no discount no trade in help for hardware only. Nothing. Its like Lucy and the football AAAAUUGh I cant stand it!This time I want to know the pull the rug date in advance!

Last edited by MetalRecordingServices; 08-16-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:11 AM

Default Re: NEW HDX card next year?

Nobody knows at this point(and if they did, they would be sworn to secrecy)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-18-2018, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalRecordingServices View Post

My HD3Accel Card set seemed to be the current model for barely over a year and a half.
I had to double check the date of this post.. cause HD Accel hasn't been the current card for a long time now. HDX is already 7 years old.

Wave-T.com
Old 09-15-2018, 01:12 PM

I would hope DSP cards for ProTools is yesterday's news.
Old 09-15-2018, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Cole View Post
I would hope DSP cards for ProTools is yesterday's news.
In the link you posted, see the comments by Paul Neyrinck and Michael Carnes – essentially, the nature of GPUs is such that their latency is too great for realtime audio applications. I imagine, if anything, we'll either see another HDX card with faster DSPs or something like the S6L where some CPU cores are dedicated to a RTOS that can process audio with guaranteed latency. (That'd likely leave Mac users out in the cold, though.)