Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-13-2010, 01:34 PM

Default Windows XP SP3 not playing sounds - Am I missing Wavedrivers?

Hi all,

I just finished installing PT 8.0.3 on my fresh Windows XP SP3 partition.

Everything is working great, except I can't get ANY sound out of all my other applications.

Under Sounds and Audio Devices - It says, No Audio Device. All controls are grayed out.

On the Audio tab in that menu - Sound playback shows Digidesign Digi 002: Chan 1-2.

Sound recording is grayed out, No Recording Devices.

MIDI music playback shows Digidesign Digi 002 port 1.

Use only default devices is checked on.

In any case, I can't get ANY sound out of my regular OS. Is there something I'm missing? Perhaps the proper Wavedrivers? Sounds work fine on my Windows 7 partition using the 002R.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 06-13-2010, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Windows XP SP3 not playing sounds - Am I missing Wavedrivers?

Okay I found the solution. Digi MME Helper. Had to add the applications to the list. :)

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 06-13-2010, 02:04 PM

And remember the wave driver is playback only, so you will not see it as a recording device.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:39 PM

AND it's single client, so one program at a time. PLUS it won't play I-tunes.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:04 PM

I've got everything I need working minus Flashplayer in the web browser. I added all flash related .exe to the MME Helper. No success. Anyone having success with Flashplayer in the browser?

Old 06-13-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
I've got everything I need working minus Flashplayer in the web browser. I added all flash related .exe to the MME Helper. No success. Anyone having success with Flashplayer in the browser?

Ahhh. As I recall you need to IE (or the web browser).

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-13-2010, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Ahhh. As I recall you need to IE (or the web browser).
Yep, I added both chome.exe and ie.exe. I use Chrome mainly. Still no Flash. :/

Old 06-13-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Yep, I added both chome.exe and ie.exe. I use Chrome mainly. Still no Flash. :/
I had a dual boot system with two XP partitions. One was for PT only and the other was general purpose with AV/firewall etc. As I recall YouTube only worked on one partition for whatever reason. Ironicly enough I think it was the dedicated PT partition. I ended up using a line outof the computer to the 002's Aux in and have never looked back.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-13-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
I had a dual boot system with two XP partitions. One was for PT only and the other was general purpose with AV/firewall etc. As I recall YouTube only worked on one partition for whatever reason. Ironicly enough I think it was the dedicated PT partition. I ended up using a line outof the computer to the 002's Aux in and have never looked back.
Hehe I used to do the same, running the ALT SRC from my soundcard's output. But only recently have I had some success, with my latest new DAW rig, using the BLA 002R's converters, bypassing the computer's sound card. It's nice using the better gear for every day computing.

On a side note, I got the sound working through Flashplayer in the browser. I had to close the whole browser window and reopen. I guess the ASIO not only is limited to 1 sound provision, but also can't switch seamlessly. Gotta start the application up with the ASIO not tied to anything. This is all new to me!

Old 06-13-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
I guess the ASIO not only is limited to 1 sound provision, but also can't switch seamlessly. Gotta start the application up with the ASIO not tied to anything. This is all new to me!
This isn't the ASIO driver... it's the Wave driver. And yes, the Wave driver is notorious for getting stuck on an app.