Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-13-2008, 10:48 AM

Default Newbie: Fundemental problem, no mic signal?

Setting up new system. Win Vista, 003 Rack, Glyph 250, M-audio Octane.

All assembled and installed, 7.4 sample sessions work great, rack getting clock from M-Audio ADAT, sync light on. Attached SM57 to rack pre-1 and alternately M-audio pre-1. Tried to set audio input for track to input 1 but only saw 2 inputs available. Go to Setup=>I/O and hit default see all 4 rack analog stereo pairs and 4 ADAT pairs. Set track to Analog 1.

No signal coming from mic?

Computer and firewire card all to spec, gain up on rack or m-audio pre, host light on, mic mode selected (no light) on rack, synch light shows steady on, ProTools set for 48 and clock from external optical, M-auudio set for 48. SM57 does not need phantom, tried mic in M-Audio 1 also, set track input to adat 1, same problem.

I have done lots of reading and ready tp start tutorials but don't fully understsnd I/O setup and maybe I have something wrong. Should it show stereo channels as hitting default provide? Just need to get past this fundemental problem of no signal.

Will try to yank CD played from home stereo and wire up for aux in to see if I can any signal at all down the path from rack too ProTools. I did wonder if I need to disable my computers internal audio card maybe. Nothing in docs on that.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:20 AM

Default Re: Newbie: Fundemental problem, no mic signal?

Added CD palyer into Aux in. It shows up on monitors with Aux in selected on rack. Set aux in 7/8 to on, on rack but still no signal to track when 7/8 selected as audio input.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Newbie: Fundemental problem, no mic signal?

Thanks for looking but seems to have started working. Was very careful on startup sequence of components, switched clock rate a few times on both ends, added a stereo track and then it seems to have started working. Not sure which did the trick but maybe it needed the stereo track to start working even though both stereo and mono track work now.

Have other problems I will post.