Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 06:25 AM

Default mBox USB PROBLEMS. PLEASE HELP.

I found this post while researching my problem and it descibes it perfectly so...

my mbox has not given me any trouble at all until now. I was using it earlier to track vox and it was fine then after having my dinner i rebooted my mac and all of a sudden the mbox wont register with the USB ports at all, i've tried reinstalling ptle and replacing the driver but they've all proved fruitless. However, i have noticed if i press any buttons on it while it is plugged in all the led's light up. Does any1 know how i could rectify this problem and fast as i need to use it in the morning.

...the only solution suggested was restarting and plugging the mBox bck in once protools was loaded. does anyone else have suggestions? i've tried reinstalls, upgrading the OS (9.2.2) and many many many restarts and shutdowns/startups.

any suggestions are highly appreciated!

thanks

ari

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-19-2003, 07:12 AM

Default Re: mBox USB PROBLEMS. PLEASE HELP.

Firstly, try System Profiler to make sure that Open Firmware is finding the device... even if it doesn't know what it is.

If it does find the device, then its a driver problem. If it doesn't then its either the MBox or the computer.

If its a driver problem, then try updating to MBox USB Drivers 1.1 - or zapping the PRAM.

There are ways to 'flush' your firewire and USB ports in Open Firmware or Darwin but I'm not quite sure how.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:21 AM

Default Re: mBox USB PROBLEMS. PLEASE HELP.

i am very interested in this flushing of the usb ports... does anyone know how to do this. the mBox does not show up in the system profiler in X or 9 so going by the above suggestion this is a hardware problem.

again, any help is much appreciated.

thanks

ari

[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]