Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2009, 03:04 PM

Default Protools LE startup freezing problems~~~Help!! urgent!!

Hi everyone,

I bought digi 003 rack + factory about a month ago and haven't got it complete working yet!

I'm using DELL XPS420 destop with windows vista home premiere

when I first installed, it worked. then the next day when I turn the system on,it frozen at "creating DAE objects" and refused to startup at all. I tried to restore the system, un-install protools and re-install, it didn't work.

Then I re-installed windows... It worked again.

Sooner it stopped working again. still freezes everytime at "creating DAE objects" and anybody got idea why?

basically, the whole month I;ve been busy to get it work and haven't even got a change to work on any projects with the new hardware yet!!! I've followed the optimize instruction on the manual.

my system summary is as following:

PC Wizard 2009 Version 1.90

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owner: Home

User: Home

Operating System: Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2

Report Date: Tuesday 06 October 2009 at 22:05

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<<< System Summary >>>

> Mainboard : Dell 0TP406

> Chipset : Intel X38

> Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2400 MHz

> Physical Memory : 4096 MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )

> Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

> Hard Disk : ST3500630AS (500 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : TSSTcorp DVD-ROM TS-H353B

> DVD-Rom Drive : PBDS DVD+-RW DH-16W1S

> Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL SE198WFP - 19 inches

> Network Card : 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) Gigabit Ethernet Controller

> Network Card : BCM4309 802.11a/b/g

> Network Card : 82801IB/IR/IH (ICH9 Family) Gigabit Ethernet Controller

> Operating System : Windows Vista (TM) Home Premium Home Edition 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2

> DirectX : Version 10.00

> Windows Performance Index : 5.4

Many thanks for help!

Yang
Old 10-06-2009, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Protools LE startup freezing problems~~~Help!! urgent!!

Do you have IE8 installed? If so, go back to IE7.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=243184

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-07-2009, 05:51 AM

Thanks for the reply, but my hardware came with LE8 straightaway, not sure how to get the LE7 version though
Old 10-07-2009, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody_cdefab View Post
Thanks for the reply, but my hardware came with LE8 straightaway, not sure how to get the LE7 version though
IE8 = Internet Explorer

if your Internet Explorer is version 8 then its better to uninstall it and install other (Internet Explorer 7 / firefox etc....)

Thanks
Old 10-07-2009, 06:28 AM

Oh, sorry about that!

I just uninstalled IE8 and still not working!!

Freezes at "initializing globals" this time!!

have bought the hardware for a month and still haven't managed to get it to work!! have tried re-install windows, reinstall protools for many times...

anybody has experienced the same situation?

Thanks

Yang
Old 10-07-2009, 06:30 AM

It worked occasionly actually...everytime when I install some thing else, protools stoped working... then even I un-install the new software, PT still not working...

last time was Cubase 5!

why is PT so difficult!
Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM

I'm having the same problem. I found a solution.

1. Repack 003 Rack and all Dodgydesign materials
2. Return it all to the store where you purchased it in exchange for something that works on PC.

Seriously, all I've ever had is nightmares with Pro Tools LE on PC. Even when I was able to get it to work (and this was just 7.4, never managed to get 8 working at all), it would take forever to launch, crash and freeze up or act weird and give errors regularly, or do other really weird stuff like all the graphics on the screen glitching out and requiring me to restart the program to fix it.

However, I hear Pro Tools HD works fine on PC. So I guess if you want to spend about $8,000, you can get something that works. :P

Basically, Pro Tools LE works pretty well for Mac, but ever since version 6 it has been total crap on the PC, which I suspect may be because they just compiled code from the Mac version and emulate it on the PC instead of doing a complete rewrite of the code on PC. It all comes down to Dodgydesign knowing they are the industry leader for audio post, so they've gotten lazy and un-supportive, and now even worse since they were bought by Avid. So basically, if you want Pro Tools LE to work properly, get a Mac. If you want to run it on PC, get an HD setup. Either way you will be shelling out a few thousand dollars, and then Dodgydesign/Avid may consider you an important enough customer to support and provide a working product to.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:11 PM

hey levelaudio,

maybe you were using a not compatible pc with PT. im new in PT, in fact, yet I dont have PT, I need to wait for the arrival of the 003 rack in my country, but I have researched a lot and there are many users working with PT in windows xp or 7.

when I started my researchings, a guy tell me: dont buy pro tools because I had it and PT dont work correclty in windows. I asked some question to him and I discovered that he dont research nothing about compatibility. so is very easy to blame something when you dont do your homework. I understand that PT is a hard Daw about compatibility and all but maybe you dont do the right things to make it work correctly.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Is that Vista version 32 bit or 64 bit? 64 bit Vista is not compatible.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM

I'm running PTLE 8.0.3cs2 on an HP pavillion win7 laptop, its been running glitch free for over two months now. Follow the optimization, installation, and hardware tips provided here. It'll take awhile (3 clean Win7 installs and half a day), but its worth it!