Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2024, 01:07 PM

Default Anyone have a working guitar rig 2?

Hi all,

I have a long shot favor to ask. If anyone somehow has guitar rig 2 running on a pro tools 10 system, could I ask you to print three stems (3 min each)? Long story short, I’m trying to resurrect a very old project that uses GR2, and I’ve spent countless hours and multiple days trying to get it to work. I finally got a windows 8 computer, pro tools 10, the drivers, and even a guitar rig 2 license from Native, except GR2 can no longer be activated. That means it is stuck in demo mode and won’t read the settings on the session.

Again, I know this is a long shot but I thought I’d ask. If you can do it, I would be happy to Venmo you $20 for your hassle.

Thanks
Rob
Old 01-30-2024, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Anyone have a working guitar rig 2?

Hmmm, I waited for a few days before commenting in hopes someone could handle this. Meanwhile, I have 2 suggestions:
1-come into the 21st century(64 bit software). "Finally" moving to Windows 8 and PT 10 is still 32 bit and you have no idea how many goodies you are missing out on by living in the past
2-Grab a newer guitar amp sim. All the newer options sound much better than anything from that era of amp sim. Look for demo versions to try, dial them up to your needs and route the tracks to new audio tracks and print them. This gets even easier with newer versions of PT where you can simply(and quickly) commit any track

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-30-2024, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Anyone have a working guitar rig 2?

Thanks albee1952 for responding! I promise I'm not actually trying to use Windows 7 / Pro Tools 10 to do actual editing!

I do primarily have an updated Pro Tools running on Windows 10 and even have Guitar Rig 6. I was trying re-release an old song but there was specific sound on the song that I preferred to maintain.

After more hours than it was probably worth, I actually got it working! In the end, what actually worked was to create a virtual machine using
  • Windows 7 SP1
  • Pro Tools 10
  • Guitar Rig 2
  • Focusrite Scarlett and iLok "passing through" my actual computer to the virtual machine

The result is below. Now I can bounce the tracks with the effects, and reopen the project in a modern system.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-01-30 192518.jpg (79.5 KB, 0 views)