Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2019, 07:55 AM

Default Pro Tools | First c/w Focusrite Creative Pack

Hi,

I downloaded Pro Tools | First and registered with iLok. I installed, then uninstalled Pro Tools and deleted my Avid account after only a day or two, as I had not yet purchased a DAW, and gathered from Focusrite that in order to get their Creative Pack plugins, I had to start afresh with Avid. All well and good. So I waited for a great deal on a Focusrite 2i2 to appear, and after a few months duly got one . So I bought it and started again.

Going via the Focusrite website in order to get Pro Tools | First complete with the Creative Pack, at the final stage I get an error stating that I must “activate your product before you can access the downloads”. So on to iLok, where I download the License Manager software. It seems that despite initially deleting my Avid account, the licence is still there - 'Active' but not 'Activated'. I don't want to activate this, as I presume that it will give me a licence WITHOUT the Focusrite Creative Pack?

So, my question is: how do I download, install and activate Pro Tools | First c/w the Focusrite Creative Pack? I presume that the original licence sitting at iLok has to be removed first, otherwise I will not get the plugins.

So, my thinking is that I have to contact iLok; get them to delete/remove the licence; then go back to my Focusrite account and start the process again, which should force an email to be generated from Avid to give me a correct download link. Is that correct? If not, what is the best or correct process to follow?

Many thanks for any help you are able to offer, I'm currently tearing my hair out: it's SO frustrating having to navigate this via three different companies!