Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2007, 05:24 PM

Default This session is set to a volume set to \"Transfer Only\" ?

I am getting this error when I try to open a session. I updated to ProTools 7.1LE.

This session is set to a volume set to "Transfer Only".
If permitted, set the voulme(s) in question to "P" (Playback)or "R" (Record) in the Workspace.

Otherwise, choose OK to save a copy of this session and this media to a valid playback volume. The session copy will automatically open from the chosen location.

How do I fix this? I can't open any sessions. I went to the "Workspace" and I was not sure where to change to playback or record. Why does this happen anyways?
Old 08-24-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: This session is set to a voulme set to \"Transfer Only\" ?

I haven't figured it out yet but I do have some info that might help someone figure it out. I'm running 6.9.2 on a G4 (OS 10.4.10) and my firewire drive works great. I tried installing the same PT 6.9.2 on my new Macbook Pro also 10.4.10 and I am getting the error

"The drive cannot be designated as an Audio playback/recording volume because this is not a valid audio volume in Pro Tools on OS X."

I tried all the stuff on the digidesign page and I am unable to change the A column to R.

My external drive runs fine on the G4 but not on the Macbook the fact that they have the same OS.

I've tried trashing the preferences and user files (occasionally needed even on the G4).
I've tried reformating/renaming the drive.
I've tried a sacrifice to the pro tools gods and nothings seems to work.

Any ideas?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 PM

liveto, check out fist post under "storage and subsystems"
goodshotz,set them to "R"
also you may want to check out the new tech support tools in the main index under digi announcements
it makes trashing prefs very simple
Old 08-24-2007, 10:09 PM

sorry good shots , i forgot to mention.in workspace right click the "T" and select "R"
Old 08-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
sorry good shots , i forgot to mention.in workspace right click the "T" and select "R"
Where is the "T" ? I didn't see it in the Workspace area. Can you explain a little more. Thank You.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Where is the "T" ? I didn't see it in the Workspace area. Can you explain a little more. Thank You.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:47 PM

Hi, thanks for the response. I've tried all that stuff posted in the storage listings and still no luck. I'm gonna try to reformat the drive again, and hopefully that will work.

Any other ideas in case this doesn't do the trick?

It seems odd to me that the same drive works on one computer and not the other. If it was formatted incorrectly I would suspect that it shouldn't work on either.