Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2006, 01:42 AM

Default CANNOT BOUNCE TO DISK

Hey yall.

im havin issues with my Pro Tools software.
everytime i attempt to bounce my finished track to disk i get this error when it starts converting.

Could not complete the bounce To Disk Command because Assertion in "\Code\aztec_stanley\AlturaPorts\NewFileLibs\Ff\Au dio\FF_Aud" line 33

i dnt knw wt the problem iz. i tried re-installing the programe and it worked for a bit, but now it pops up even if i re-install again. its driving me nutz coz i got a few tracks i need to get on Air ASAP.....

please help a dude out here.

Im running pro tools on an HP Pavilion Laptop. Windows OS. i dont know if u need the specs but i think im still at 512 RAM and a Centrino Processor..... im hoping its not a compatibility problem.

I need sum expert advice....im a beginner on the pro tools interface....
Old 07-04-2006, 02:04 AM

Default Re: CANNOT BOUNCE TO DISK

Hi there.
I had the same problem.

This is what helped me....
Got this from http://www.sweetwater.com/expert-cen.../d--06/09/2006

Later, Bmkarls.

Ps. Had to restart after I deleted all files.

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

What to do if a bounce to disc fails in Pro Tools
06/09/2006

Occasionally Pro Tools will give you the following error message when it fails to bounce your files to disk: "Could not complete the Bounce to Disk command because Assertion in FF_AudioProperty.ccp, line 33." There is an easy fix for this when it happens, which involves trashing the Pro Tools Preferences and Digidesign databases.

For Windows XP:

Deleting Digidesign Databases:

1. On the root level of every mounted hard drive, go into the Digidesign Databases folder and delete the "Volume.ddb" and "WaveCache" files.

2. Go to: My Computer > C: > Program Files > Digidesign > Pro Tools > Databases > Volumes. Delete all of the files in this folder (they will have very odd names).

Trashing Preferences:

1. Go to: My Computer > C: > Documents and Settings > (your user name) > Application Data* > Digidesign. Delete the file entitled "ProTools...v6.x Preferences.PTP" (this may be either Pro Tools LE or TDM, and any version, such as 6.4 or 6.9).

*If the Application Data folder is not there, go to: Tools (in the menus at the top) > Folder Options > View, and select "Show Hidden Files and Folders."

2. Go to: My Computer > C: > Program Files > Common Files > Digidesign > DAE. Delete the entire "DAE Prefs folder."

Empty the Recycle Bin after trashing preferences and/or databases.

Restart Pc.

Start PT and Bounce !

For Mac OS X:

1. On the root level of every mounted hard drive, go into the Digidesign Databases folder and delete the "Volume.ddb" and "WaveCache" files.

2. Go to: MacHD > Library > Application Support > Digidesign > Databases > Volumes. Delete all of the files in this folder (they will have very odd names).

3. Go to: MacHD > Users > (your user name, aka "the house icon") > Library > Preferences. Delete the following files:

com.digidesign.protools.plist

DAE Prefs (entire folder)

Digisetup.OSX

ProTools...v6.x Preferences (this may be either Pro Tools LE or TDM, and any version, such as 6.4 or 6.9).

Empty the trash and you should be able to then complete your bounce.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:12 AM

Hey i cant thank you enough. thanks loads. i was stuck for like a week.

are you online via any sort of meessenger? it would b nice to have a few other pro tools users to refer to when i need help and stuff. there really arent any zimbabwean studios i know of that use pro tools so im ova here tryina get my sh** straightened out.

im constantly on Skype, MSN, & Yahoo msngr. plz let me know if youre on any.

thanks for throwin me th paddle agin dude....i was wading thru [bleep] for a seccond...
Old 07-07-2006, 05:35 AM

Hi

I'm new here and new to protools (I've got the LE 7.0). When I produced my song two problems occurred:

First there was a problem with the H/W buffer size (I had to increase it). But it's almost solved.

Now when I finally can bounce without stops, I have the same problem as above. Today I tried to solve it with the solution above, but it still happens again. I saw some files I deleted, were back. (volume.ddb in the digidesign database folder and also the DEA prefs. The others were gone.) I did it like it's said here above but this files always return when I start protools. I can't delete it while I'm working with it because then I get the message that these files are in use by the program.

Has someone also this problem and can someone tell me how I can fix this?

Thank you!

Giel
Old 07-18-2006, 04:53 AM

Hi there.

Well it worked for me.

Remeber you cannot do this while running PT as it lock's the files.
And also ensure that you do not have some hidden files.
Furthermore do ensure that you delete all the files at the same time as PT generates the files when you start next time.... and remember after you've deleted all files do not start PT before restarting the PC.

/Bmkarls.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Avid

You should also make sure that your DAE Playback Buffer is set to "Level 2" in the Playback Engine settings, as changing it to level 8 can cause this error.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:19 PM

Wow, I am having the same problem exactly. The code is the same for me too. I did what the link says. I will let you know after I try to bounce again. I have lost about 4 hours of bounce time. I hope this works.

The nice help link:

http://www.sweetwater.com/expert-cen.../d--06/09/2006
Old 07-27-2007, 06:30 PM

I restarted to attempt another try at it and now all my plugins dissapeared after that clean up. What happened.? Do I need to reinstall all of the plugins again? Is this normal?