Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 12-04-2017, 09:12 PM

Default Unplugging Fast Track Solo Crashes with Blue Screen Win 10

So for the entire time I have had this interface (2-3 years now), I've had compatibility issues with pro tools express causing random blasting white noise in my ears at max volume, and it's also always had issues with drivers. I used to run it on a laptop with windows 8 but now am on a desktop PC, because of these previous issues I don't use pro tools anymore and haven't really tried on this PC. Instead I use it when playing guitar to allow me to play along with music and use guitar pro and hear the audio from my amp and PC together.

Now for a while it was doing ok, but whenever I unplug the interface in recent times it seems to crash more often than not with the message: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP. I close the audio program before I unplug it and there is no "eject safely" option either, so my assumption would be that the fast track is still doing stuff with my RAM, but honestly I have no idea what's causing this.

If I could get some explanation or help that would be great.

I couldn't find how to download Sandra Lite due to it being a mess of a website.

Last edited by GuitarHawk99; 12-05-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Unplugging Fast Track Solo Crashes with Blue Screen Win 10

Some things to consider:
1-don't disconnect any hardware without ejecting it first(this goes for an interface, USB memory sticks, external hard drives, etc)
2-don't disconnect the interface with things powered up(shut down before you pull the USB from the FT)
3-why are you disconnecting?(you don't really need to answer this one, but do you REALLY need to keep unplugging?
4-Not what you want to hear but M-Audio interfaces just aren't very good(my 2 cents) so have you considered a better interface?(some other brands do much better drivers for their hardware)
5-is your desktop running Windows 8? If so, I would move to Windows 10 if(and ONLY IF) your version of Pro Tools is compatible with Win10

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-06-2017, 10:26 PM

I have no option to eject it from the taskbar. I disconnect it because I only use it for music purposes, not for other tasks on my PC (youtube/gaming).

Yeah I'm not really a fan of avid products in general, but this is what I have so don't have much choice. Also I am on win 10.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:54 PM

Well, M-Audio is not Avid anymore(part of why their drivers now are not so good). Since you should have Windows sound properties set so Windows doesn't use the FT, I would simply leave it connected all the time(I don't see any reason to disconnect it unless its a laptop that moves around the house).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-08-2017, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Well, M-Audio is not Avid anymore(
True, however Avid retained the Fast Track series devices, so driver updates still fall to Avid.

Joel

Home:
Asus B450 Pro4 / Ryzen 5 2600 / 32GB RAM / Win 11 Pro
Pro Tools HD / Focusrite 18i20 + M-Audio ProFire 2626

Rig:
Eleven Rack / ART SLA1 / Two 2x10 Passive Monitors / FCB1010 w/ EurekaPROM