Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2015, 08:35 AM

Default Re: New Venue Line: S6L!

If it has a button that makes it sound like a Midas, I'm in.
Old 04-12-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emosoundm3 View Post
If it had a button that made it sound like a Midas, I would deliberately NOT buy it.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 04-12-2015, 09:02 AM
Avid

Would snapshot controllable lamp and screen intensity settings work for you?

[email protected]
Old 04-12-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emosoundm3 View Post
What a nice first post, welcome to the DUC!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
Would snapshot controllable lamp and screen intensity settings work for you?
I assume that you are replying to my comment about being able to dim everything quickly. If it was a snapshot that could exclude all other things from being recalled it might work. A UDK might work if there are enough of them for other things.

Do you have any ballpark prices on the systems?

Are there any plans to implement a cue system more conducive to theatrical use? I really like a lot about the Venue snapshot system now except that it doesn’t have tracking implemented or overall console Midi control capabilities so I can use a program like Palladium for show control. And when I exclude faders from recall I have been bit when I accidentally double taped on the “GO” button and when I hit “BACK” since I had excluded faders from recalling I had to go back enough cues to when they were last recalled and it made for a very awkward few seconds.

Thank you for your involvement with this forum it is nice to hear from someone from Avid.
Old 04-12-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
What a nice first post, welcome to the DUC!
I'm half serious. I'm mixing a show on my venue's old XL200 right now, and the Midas digital desks sound fantastic. I was never impressed with the old preamps, but Avid is touting the new ones as much-improved, (ok, I'm sure it won't sound like a British board) so I'm very eager to hear the S6. It looks great!
Old 04-12-2015, 09:08 PM
Avid

prices, just might be announced tomorrow, at which point i'll be more than happy to divulge. Lets just put it this way, our competitor's flagship desk is less capable and about twice the price...

send me an email, lets chat more about theater workflow, there is quite a bit I have to learn in this world... ex. I was told today that a theater fella didn't find 999 snapshots to be enough for his show...

[email protected]

We're in a place where insight from our user base is incredibly important, as right now, we do have the ability to build it how you want it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAXX View Post
I assume that you are replying to my comment about being able to dim everything quickly. If it was a snapshot that could exclude all other things from being recalled it might work. A UDK might work if there are enough of them for other things.

Do you have any ballpark prices on the systems?

Are there any plans to implement a cue system more conducive to theatrical use? I really like a lot about the Venue snapshot system now except that it doesn’t have tracking implemented or overall console Midi control capabilities so I can use a program like Palladium for show control. And when I exclude faders from recall I have been bit when I accidentally double taped on the “GO” button and when I hit “BACK” since I had excluded faders from recalling I had to go back enough cues to when they were last recalled and it made for a very awkward few seconds.

Thank you for your involvement with this forum it is nice to hear from someone from Avid.

[email protected]
Old 04-12-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
prices, just might be announced tomorrow, at which point i'll be more than happy to divulge. Lets just put it this way, our competitor's flagship desk is less capable and about twice the price...

send me an email, lets chat more about theater workflow, there is quite a bit I have to learn in this world... ex. I was told today that a theater fella didn't find 999 snapshots to be enough for his show...

[email protected]

We're in a place where insight from our user base is incredibly important, as right now, we do have the ability to build it how you want it...
You guys need to seriously look at what Meyer Sound is doing with their D-Mitri system (currently 288 inputs, 288 busses, 288 outputs, all matrixed together) if you want to get serious about theatre control and workflow. Nothing says I'm serious like being able to implement 256 VCA groups, or write your own automation scripts...or Space Map. I mean...my God...Space Map. Space Map is seriously the coolest thing to ever hit theatre, since ever.

You guys are thinking inside the box with 5.1 surround sound. Space map will do 288 point 3-dimensional surround and you can automate the course of an effect with a simple mouse drag. Or, how about being able to make an effect (doesn't even have to be an sound effect, could be a vocal or a single instrument etc...) travel up or down every cabinet in a 16 or 20 box line array? Space Map will do that.

And Wild Tracks will do 72 channels of recording AND playback AT THE SAME TIME!!!

And it all connects via AVB.

You guys are all at NAB in Las Vegas this week. Find a hook up and go check out some of the Cirque shows, especially KA. Get them to show you what they are doing with their D-Mitri system and SpaceMap.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Old 04-13-2015, 08:12 AM
Avid

As I'm sure you know, Meyer sound is within stones throw of our office, as is Dolby. If you hadn't already assumed, we are certainly in touch with those guys and they've got some fantastic ideas.

[email protected]
Old 04-13-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
As I'm sure you know, Meyer sound is within stones throw of our office, as is Dolby. If you hadn't already assumed, we are certainly in touch with those guys and they've got some fantastic ideas.
I thought your offices were outside Boston

Also, movie theatre sound isn't that interesting to me, so Dolby isn't that impressive.