Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 AM

Unhappy Pro Tools SE Support?

So is this it? I called Pro Tools and M-Audio for support and they said they don't support SE. So is this forum my only means of support? I've already posted a few other questions that have yet to be answered. Now what do I do?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools SE Support?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatweezl View Post
So is this it? I called Pro Tools and M-Audio for support and they said they don't support SE. So is this forum my only means of support? I've already posted a few other questions that have yet to be answered. Now what do I do?
Heh, they really said they don't support SE? I had not chosen yet between Reaper or Protools SE, but that's, I'm outta here :) My question wasn't answered either.
Come over to www.Reaper.fm; they got a great responsive forum.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 AM

Don't be too hasty!

Protools SE is brilliant if you can just get around the issues. I manages to without any other support than here. I even got to the stage of Reaper as well...
I find PT SE to be better for mixing and easier to use... the interface is clearer.

Also things like the virtual instruments and effects are good and you don't get any VIs in Reaper straight off.

I'm sure Reaper is excellent, but at this level I prefer PT.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPG View Post
Don't be too hasty!

Protools SE is brilliant if you can just get around the issues. I manages to without any other support than here. I even got to the stage of Reaper as well...
I find PT SE to be better for mixing and easier to use... the interface is clearer.

Also things like the virtual instruments and effects are good and you don't get any VIs in Reaper straight off.

I'm sure Reaper is excellent, but at this level I prefer PT.
The sound quality of Pro Tools SE is much better than Reaper but Reaper is more functional.

Also Pro Tools design is more functional and the built in plug in's are really cool you really don't need anything else external, if only I could get rewire to record nicely in the host.

I think the fact that a basic mixer is not included in Pro Tools SE is disfunctional. I mean Pro Tools Essentials had it. And no support for driver issues crackles playback errors is just plain bad and wrong. They should make a good product if they want to sell low end devices even if it didn't cost as much as stadard product at least please let it work or tell me it doesn't work well from the begining. Does Avid actualy go backwards when it makes money? DADA Does it hit it's low consumer market in the face? DADA Who is willing to answer that question? DADA