Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 07-24-2014, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Sampletank 3 first impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
What is that supposed to mean?
The competitor recently mentioned by others blamed as much as they could on Digital River (DR) in last year's debacle. A joke.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotsBiker View Post
The competitor recently mentioned by others blamed as much as they could on Digital River (DR) in last year's debacle. A joke.
Which means nothing here, and I doubt anyone got the reference.

QAPLA!
Old 07-24-2014, 08:02 PM

Download and installation went without a problem. A question though - ST3 loads in PT11 but not PT10. Will it not work as a 32 bit AAX? With the delay compensation bug in PT11, I find myself still working most of the time in PT10.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kw88keys View Post
Download and installation went without a problem. A question though - ST3 loads in PT11 but not PT10. Will it not work as a 32 bit AAX? With the delay compensation bug in PT11, I find myself still working most of the time in PT10.
ok, answering my own question. I read the specs on the IKM website and it is only 64 bit. That means it will not work in PT10.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Which means nothing here, and I doubt anyone got the reference.
Feel better now, tiger? You got to be mean spirited to a faceless stranger on an internet forum. One who has contributed many of your threads, no less.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:00 AM

Not sure but I think I may have found a solution to the crashes I was getting. If I leave the Sampletank 3 gui open after I do a PT save session and then close the session I get the crash. If I close the ST3 gui, save and then close the session no crash.

In the course of the support ticket I raised with IK their answer to the cpu redline is that some patches might be going through pre-analysis and that they say will cause high cpu spikes.

More when I know more.

QAPLA!
Old 07-25-2014, 04:13 PM

When the zip files expand but do not copy to the directory that I would like them.
Each zip file opens to its own folder and needs to be copied.

Which files from which folder goese where?

Also the guitars dont seem to exist and I keep getting error about loading both stand alone and in pro tools 11.2
Old 07-25-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkbrosmusic View Post
When the zip files expand but do not copy to the directory that I would like them.

Also the guitars dont seem to exist and I keep getting error about loading both stand alone and in pro tools 11.2
Use the installers and you don't have to move anything- just choose where you want them or keep the default. They say "Install SampleTank 3 Sound Content" there's one for mac and one for pc (In my downloads anyway) in each part
Old 07-25-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polkbrosmusic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
Use the installers and you don't have to move anything- just choose where you want them or keep the default. They say "Install SampleTank 3 Sound Content" there's one for mac and one for pc (In my downloads anyway) in each part
When you finally have all the content files downloaded (there's 8 for Mac users) double click on the first segment that was downloaded. It will expand and create a folder like mentioned. Double click on the installer for your computer. Be careful as there are installers for both Mac and Windoze in that folder. When you double click the appropriate installer you get to chose where you want the files to go. When you go to install the rest of the content the location will automatically come up in the install routing window.

This is one of the things I'm not happy with - individual installers for each segment. I read here from Peter from IK that they are looking into doing a single installer to do all the content install. No ETA when that will happen.

QAPLA!
Old 07-26-2014, 04:37 AM

Default Standalone not recognising MBOX PRO , but ST3 Ok in Pro Tools 11 ?

ahhhhh 3 days of downloading finally done - Everything is now installed .

Its all up and running with no problems on my Windows 7 ...............,EXCEPT - In Standalone Mode ....,

Sampletank 3 will not recognize ASIO + MBox Pro ..., and will only work with the direct sound driver ?

If I try to click on ASIO in the settings window - I get this message ..., " The selected Audio device is not available . Please make sure the corresponding devices are ready"

I tested this ST3/ASIO problem against other V.Is Standalone versions to double check if I did have an issue with Mbox pro or not , with Standalone - EZ Drummer 2 & EZ Keys ......., and they all worked fine in standalone mode with my MBox Pro interface ?

Next ...., I tried ST3 in a Pro Tools Instrument Track ..., and Pro Tools opened up fine and without a hitch with my ASIO/MBox Pro
...., & so dis Sampletank 3 within an instrument track ..., and everything seemed to work as it should .

So something is wrong with ST3 in standalone mode on my PC

I am now waiting for a reply from tech support , I can only imagine they are swamped at the moment ? ..., Im just seeing if anyone else has this problem , and found a solution ?

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 07-26-2014 at 05:07 AM. Reason: typo