Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Help! How to update iLok auth. for legacy BF Classic Compressors?

I'd appreciate some guidance from Avid Support here...

Ok... I have an old "Bomb Factory" BF Classic Compressors Bundle iLok authorization that needs to be updated be usable with PT 7 and above. I am a registered 7.4 HD original owner, and the original owner of the BF Classic Compressors HD bundle. How do I get the updated authorization deposited in my iLok account? Here is what the Avid Knowledge Base has to say:

Bomb Factory Version 1, 2, and 3HD Plug-Ins
Original registered owners of the legacy Bomb Factory version 1, 2, and 3HD versions of Bomb Factory plug-ins that are ALSO registered for Pro Tools 6.0 and higher are eligible for free upgrades to version 4.x/7.x of their plug-ins. Digidesign/Bomb Factory plug-ins require the iLok license for v4.x/7.x (iLok licenses for version 4.x for Pro Tools 6 also work with version 7.x for Pro Tools 7). I qualify!!
How to Upgrade
Registered owners of Bomb Factory plug-ins can upgrade in the following way:
  1. If you have not already done so, create a free iLok account on iLok.com Done.
  2. Register your iLok USB hardware key (sold separately) on your iLok account Done.
  3. Contact Avid Audio Support by phone or email with your iLok.com User ID (the name you use to login to your account at iLok.com) and information on which registered Bomb Factory plug-ins you own HOW??
  4. If you are registered for Pro Tools 6 or 7, please provide that information as well as your name, address, and phone number HOW?
=====

Ok, my problem is THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT AVID AUDIO SUPPORT BY PHONE OR EMAIL. How can I provide my information for the FREE upgrade to which I am entitled without paying for the ability to provide it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Help! How to update iLok auth. for legacy BF Classic Compressors?

I may be wrong but if I remember correctly simply synching your iLok will result in an upgraded Classic Compressors bundle asset.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 10-25-2011, 09:37 PM

Unfortunately, it's not that simple.

Digi Support: any help?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:32 PM

Post Re: Help! How to update iLok auth. for legacy BF Classic Compressors?

Couldn't find you based on the email address in your DUC account.

If that is your current address, please start a Registration Case following the instructions here.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 PM

Thank you JC... but... No, my DUC email is not the email my products are registered under... All my products are registered already. Do I still go ahead with the link you provided? If not, and if you need me to disclose the email addresses my products a re registered under, I would prefer not to share my registration details in a public forum. Is there a way to get in touch with a live human being?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:29 PM

Post Re: Help! How to update iLok auth. for legacy BF Classic Compressors?

Understood. Probably best to start a Registration Case following the instructions here.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:30 AM

Situation resolved. Thanks to Customer Support.