Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2002, 10:28 AM

Default Writing Plugins to the Track

I'm finding that as I mix a track, I'm adding in lots of compression and eq plugs (in real time) and was wondering if anyone had found an easy way to write these to the track after everything is perfect (to save DSP).

What I've been doing is bouncing the tracks to disk individually and then building a new session out of them. This works, but it's just messy. Maybe I'm just being whiny, I dunno.

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Writing Plugins to the Track

You can route the output of the track to an unused bus, then create a new audio track with that bus as an input. Record the audio on the new bus. Unfortuantely this uses more of the limited buses available in PTLE, but it is doable.
Old 06-18-2002, 10:51 AM

Check out Audiosuite plug-ins. Thats what they are there for.Once you have the settings on your compressor or EQ set, save the settings.Select the same Plug-in from your Audiosuite menu.Load the saved setting.Apply the effect.It's very easy.Read the manual for a more info.I know my instructions are not very detailed.Hope this helps!!!!!
Old 06-18-2002, 10:57 AM

Thanks, smmdrum, I'd thought of that, it's just that I use so many plugins on so many different tracks that it would take a while to print them all. It's all doable...just looking for ways to save time. Thanks for the suggestions, guys!