Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  ē  Community Terms of Use  ē  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  ē  Community Search  ē  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31  
Old 09-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Sardi Sardi is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,717
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
R11 is now a standalone app. It also installs a VST3 plugin for the "Reason rack".
using MB7 the VST3 comes in plan after asking for authorization. i.e. not go in ProTools this way.

The App lets you choose "Demo" but the plug in does not.

OK. So this is where the confusion came from.

Youíve mentioned Reason 11 is now a standalone app. Itís ALWAYS been a standalone app. Like Pro Tools. The new thing with v11 is the rack in VST plugin form. When you say standalone, it makes it sound as if thereís a third option.

Now as to the demo not working within Patchwork, if so, thatís a bummer. If I get a chance over the weekend, Iíll try and load the demo and see if it does the same thing in Patchwork.

Might be worth sending an email to PH/Reason Studios and maybe even Blue Cat. They might be able to shed some light on the issue. Iíve never tried loading a demo plugin within Patchwork. Perhaps itís a limitation? Not sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 09-27-2019, 06:26 PM
DetroitT's Avatar
DetroitT DetroitT is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Detroit, Mi, USA
Posts: 2,138
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

BlueCat updated and working ! ! ! (MB7)
__________________
(Help us Help You)<<<click here

Testing:All APFS 90% 10% Audio on HFS+(Testing 1.5 yr in)
Pro Tools U-2019.10 macOS 10.14.6 APFS
Second boot-macOS 10.13.6 (Avid HDX-1 Omni)

(MP 5,1 / 64-Gb)
(Sapphire RX-580 MVC-Edition)
MOTU FW-CoreAudio (for poly recording)
(SSL-HUI-MIDIoverIP)
----
music-design-creation
Post Music-Sound mixing, Production-Enhancements.

Audio Tuning and System Services
new systems builds/upkeep
----
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 09-29-2019, 12:56 PM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,129
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Well itís been pretty clear since the v11 VST rack was announced that it wouldnít support hosting VST plugins. Running it within Patchwork wouldnít just magically make it happen.

But Iím pretty sure the next version will allow hosting VST instruments/effects within the rack. If you can do it within the Reason application, theyíll definitely add it to the plugin version in a subsequent update. Youíre not the only one that wants it.

AAX support Iím not convinced will come anytime soon. AU due at the end of the year. Not a lot of chatter about AAX. The fact that Europa was only ever released as VST/AU doesnít bolster my hopes for a speedy delivery of the rack as an AAX plugin.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you. I'm not sure I'd draw too many conclusions from the release of Europa as VST/AU though. If they intend to have the Rack in AAX (which I really HOPE they will and fast!), then they really don't need the separate rack instruments and plugins to also be AAX, except those you want as separate plugins, like they are doing with some of the mixer console components (EQ, Compression, etc). Otherwise, just host it in the rack as a VST.



Part of my frustration with the whole thing is, I think, is that it just feels like a slap in the face to Pro Tools users. I'm sure that's not what's intended..but that's how it feels!
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 09-30-2019, 04:44 AM
supersplaron's Avatar
supersplaron supersplaron is offline
Propellerheads
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 1
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
OK. So this is where the confusion came from.

Youíve mentioned Reason 11 is now a standalone app. Itís ALWAYS been a standalone app. Like Pro Tools. The new thing with v11 is the rack in VST plugin form. When you say standalone, it makes it sound as if thereís a third option.

Now as to the demo not working within Patchwork, if so, thatís a bummer. If I get a chance over the weekend, Iíll try and load the demo and see if it does the same thing in Patchwork.

Might be worth sending an email to PH/Reason Studios and maybe even Blue Cat. They might be able to shed some light on the issue. Iíve never tried loading a demo plugin within Patchwork. Perhaps itís a limitation? Not sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey there! Stefan from Reason Studios here. Thought I'd jump in and see if I can answer any questions you might have.

Regarding Blue Cat: we don't have an AAX version of Reason Rack Plugin, as you know, and we don't support using the VST3 plugin via bridge plugins like Blue Cat, so we can't guarantee that it will work at this point.

We hear your feedback though and when we've made a decision on AAX, you'll hear about that. :) Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-01-2019, 04:44 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,777
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Got some bad news . A poster over on this Gearslutz thread https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-product-alert/1276901-reason-studios-announced-today-reason-11-now-available-4.html#post14239863
in post 112 reports that there seems to be a problem with the plugin not correctly reporting to his daw (don't know what that is atm) proper delay compensation. If true this is huge and then some.

edit for update:
Turns out the poster talking about delay compensation is putting Reason Rack into Blue Cat Patchwork and then into Harrison 32C. Asked him why he's not going direct into Harrison and he couldn't be bothered to answer that. Told him until he puts the Reason Rack straight into Harrison then he has no legitimate complaint. Upshot is there might not really be a delay compensation issue.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 10-01-2019 at 06:15 AM. Reason: u-pdated due to additional info from GS poster
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-01-2019, 09:21 AM
DonaldM's Avatar
DonaldM DonaldM is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,129
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

After looking into this further and reading all the specs, I've decided I'm not doing this upgrade unless and until it comes out AAX AND allows for VST hosting in the rack. Otherwise, I'm not interested. I'll continue to use 9.5 via Rewire as I have in the past when I want certain kinds of patches.
__________________
"Never believe anything you hear in a song." Tyrion Lannister, Game of Thrones
Owner: Dragon Rock Productions LLC
Dell XPS 435T/9000 Win-10 Pro 24gig RAM
IntelCore i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz
Pro Tools 2018.12
Focusrite Scarlett 8i6


Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Sardi Sardi is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,717
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
edit for update:
Turns out the poster talking about delay compensation is putting Reason Rack into Blue Cat Patchwork and then into Harrison 32C. Asked him why he's not going direct into Harrison and he couldn't be bothered to answer that. Told him until he puts the Reason Rack straight into Harrison then he has no legitimate complaint. Upshot is there might not really be a delay compensation issue.

Thatís not entirely true.

He gave a valid response. Reason Rack as a plugin is VST3 and Harrison Mixbus only supports VST2, hence why heís hosting it in Patchwork.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:20 AM
musicman691 musicman691 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Soprano State (NJ)
Posts: 16,777
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
Thatís not entirely true.

He gave a valid response. Reason Rack as a plugin is VST3 and Harrison Mixbus only supports VST2, hence why heís hosting it in Patchwork.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He only posted that after I called him on his response to me. I just didn't come back and add to my post - that's all. You only need to look at the timestamps of the posts between here and over there to see the sequence of events.
__________________
Jack
See profile for system details
iMac dead & retired as of 11/4/17

QAPLA!
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:54 AM
Sardi Sardi is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,717
Default Reason 11 is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
He only posted that after I called him on his response to me. I just didn't come back and add to my post - that's all. You only need to look at the timestamps of the posts between here and over there to see the sequence of events.
Iím not that invested that Iím going to compare timestamps of posts.

But, for the sake of clarity, it was worth mentioning that there was a valid reason and heís not some loon for doing it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-06-2019, 04:30 AM
Franklyn Franklyn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 1998
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 241
Default Re: Reason 11 is Coming

I tried to use the Reason Rack Plug in with BC Patchworks. But its very disappointing because it has some major graphic glitches.
f.e. when I open the plug in in BC PW it shows correct. But when I close the window and open the GUI again, it shows only a little part of the graphic and it is impossible to work with it.
has anyone other experiences?

I am on 10.13.6
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reason 8.0 is coming DonaldM Virtual Instruments 2 08-11-2014 02:10 PM
MBOX, Reason 2.0, macbook, pro-tools 7.3 (no reason plug in) tahiti78 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 4 02-11-2008 09:11 AM
Upgrade PT Reason Adapted to FULL Reason ...Price? bluesigns 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 10-09-2003 08:04 AM
Reason Adapted etc. bundle - when are they coming? nosebleed 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 1 09-30-2003 08:11 PM
Reason Sync light not coming on! pmh3r 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 0 07-25-2002 03:00 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:53 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com