Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire and USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 06-22-2014, 12:33 AM

Default Protools ( and logic controller ) at less then 1k $

Can you suggest me a 8 or 12 channels mixer controller for protools and for ant other , I am usiusing10, used (used also).
Old 06-22-2014, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Protools ( and logic controller ) at less then 1k $

What do you actually want this to do?

e.g. do you want a control surface only? Not an actual mixer, or do you want/need any mic preamps and say a monitor control section?

You posted this under interfaces -- do you want/need a DAW interface capability? What interface? USB? Firewire?

Is HUI OK or do you want EUCON? You mean you want to also control Logic Pro X? Anything else?
Old 06-22-2014, 01:45 AM

I record mostly with other devices, live gigs or film docu production, so do not neet preamp only mixing facilities via usb or fw
Old 06-22-2014, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidav View Post
I record mostly with other devices, live gigs or film docu production, so do not neet preamp only mixing facilities via usb or fw
You keep saying mixer. Just to be ultra clear you mean a HUI or EUCON based control surface right? (which for EUCON might be Ethernet connected)
Old 06-23-2014, 09:37 AM

sorry I don't know diffferences between them, what i need is a controller to mix, but i guess need to get some more knowledge about them
Old 06-23-2014, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alidav View Post
sorry I don't know diffferences between them, what i need is a controller to mix, but i guess need to get some more knowledge about them
ok I mean that, hui or eucon, (eucon would be faster and precise )

what happen she i have a 8 channel controller and have to control 16 channel and or to change the track view selector? (volume or waveform, mute etc).
Old 06-23-2014, 10:17 AM

Default Protools ( and logic controller ) at less then 1k $

You select the control bank to select which group of 8 (or whatever) tracks the controlls actually control. You should read the user documentation for some products like a Mackie MCU Pro and Avid Artist Mix, I would be very hesitant about problems and poor support from Avid with any Artist series product.

You are already working with Pro Tools in the box (just using a mouse to control things) right? Able to record and mix stuff, and are sure you need a control surface at all?

Here are some control surfaces. If I had to get one in this price range it would probably be the Mackie http://www.sweetwater.com/c808--Mixing_Control_Surfaces