Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-16-2010, 02:06 PM

Default Re: 8.0.3 a mess for you too???

Got it...thanks. That fixed it!!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Uninstall 8.0.3 in your Control Panel, but JUST uninstall the program. Then install 8 again, then do the 8.0.1 update.
This is not correct. It will still leave traces on your computer. The same thing happened to me and after some research i found that i had to reformat. You don't have to reformat if you made an image of your drive. This is did not know at the time, so now that i have reformatted i did it like this...

Reformat (install acronis true image ONLY and make an image of the drive with nothing on it

Install drivers (make an image)

Install Pro Tools (make an image)

Install all Plugins (make an image)

Install all third party programs; mozilla, etc..(make an image)

This way you can go back to it with no problems at all, its a hell of alot quicker. Recently i had to help my friend who is using FlStudio and i didnt install VST's of any of my Plugins so i reverted back right after Pro Tools was installed and banged out the plugins in an hour or so; again a lot quicker. If your installing a whole lot of plugins i would recommend making an image somewhere between half way, just for added protection.

AGAIN, UNINSTALLING WILL LEAVE TRACES OF PRO TOOLS 8.0.3 ON YOUR COMPUTER

Good Luck
Old 02-16-2010, 02:15 PM

Hmmmm....did it that way yesterday and spent the rest of the day in some pretty heavy-duty sessions without ANY of the attendant 8.0.3 glitches.....maybe I just got lucky...
Old 02-16-2010, 02:24 PM

I've been testing for about 30 minutes now and no problems so far. Im trying everything....control surface, elastic audio, midi...the works. I have my fingers crossed.
It didnt seem to leave a trail on my computer, or perhaps whatever is in the trail isnt affecting me.

Mike...thanks man. I'll remember that for next time.

Still running.....
Old 02-16-2010, 02:39 PM

glad to hear it, maybe i was wrong. But I get really anxious when there's a possibility of something going wrong around the corner. From what i read the method i just described was the only solution, maybe not apparently. Either way, im glad i learned about it because the stuff about making image files really does quicken up the process if you ever get to that point. So if it does crash on you, use that method and itll be easier the next time around! Good Luck!
Old 02-17-2010, 12:47 AM

Having an Image or better yet a cloned drive is the best way to go back. I found some of the distortion and buffer issues were still there after just an uninstall/reinstall. If you get lucky, that's great but it didn't happen that way for me. I still keep a drive with W7 and 8.0.3/4b installed on the test rig and use it occasionally just for grins but will not give up on XP just yet.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 02-17-2010, 06:14 AM

I didn't get the awful white noise bursts, but other seemingly random problems with 8.0.3 on XP and uninstalled and went back to 8.0.1 without reformatting or using my image and now am running smoothly

I am however not too comfortable yet to try using kennsington mouseworks (no really a big deal) or SKOOTCH....I read here somewhere that SKOOTCH does not yet work with pt8, I was using it with pt8 and did have some issues but did not know if it was responsible, and still don't, but am nor currently using it

edit....I did have problems with the most current version of Waves software with 8.0.1 and had to go back a version to make it all happy