Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 06-28-2018, 11:54 AM

Default Session crashes when trying to Bounce offline

Hey
I'm consistently running into issues where my session will bounce fine if I'm using the old real-time method, but if I go to bounce offline, PT spins for a few moments and then crashes. Anybody know what might be causing this? I've tried reducing the CPU load by freezing most of the tracks, but doesn't seem to change behavior.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Session crashes when trying to Bounce offline

Just curious, are there any multi mono plug-ins instanced on multi-channel tracks in the session you are attempting to offline bounce?
Old 07-09-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theom View Post
Just curious, are there any multi mono plug-ins instanced on multi-channel tracks in the session you are attempting to offline bounce?
Yes, several on stereo aux tracks.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Maybe commit those tracks before the bounce? Or make sends inactive and test as I had some sessions that would crash BTD every time and troubleshooting showed that the issue was a send. Replacing the bus used with another open bus solved it(never did figure out why one send, which was renamed, could cause that, but after I replaced it with an open bus, those sessions all bounced without issue)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-10-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Maybe commit those tracks before the bounce? Or make sends inactive and test as I had some sessions that would crash BTD every time and troubleshooting showed that the issue was a send. Replacing the bus used with another open bus solved it(never did figure out why one send, which was renamed, could cause that, but after I replaced it with an open bus, those sessions all bounced without issue)
Interesting -- I do use quite a bit of aux routing with submixes, key compression, fx. Are you saying that simply deleting the current routing and creating a new I/O with newly created auxes might do the trick?
Old 07-10-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHoney View Post
Interesting -- I do use quite a bit of aux routing with submixes, key compression, fx. Are you saying that simply deleting the current routing and creating a new I/O with newly created auxes might do the trick?
Exactly what solved it here. I had made 2 bus paths named DverbL and DverbR(I use them to send electric guitar tracks to mono Dverbs that get hard-panned away from the source tracks). I had a batch of sessions that would crash on BTD every time(on-line or off-line). To get the project done, I created a MIX track and bused everything to that and recorded the final. Once I finished and was able to get down to serious troubleshooting, one test was done with all sends inactive. Once I did that, the BTD went off without a hitch. From there, it was pretty easy to zero in on which send was at fault

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-10-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Exactly what solved it here. I had made 2 bus paths named DverbL and DverbR(I use them to send electric guitar tracks to mono Dverbs that get hard-panned away from the source tracks). I had a batch of sessions that would crash on BTD every time(on-line or off-line). To get the project done, I created a MIX track and bused everything to that and recorded the final. Once I finished and was able to get down to serious troubleshooting, one test was done with all sends inactive. Once I did that, the BTD went off without a hitch. From there, it was pretty easy to zero in on which send was at fault
I see. That's great information -- I will rebuild my template from the ground up and see how the next few weeks go.