Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2014, 03:02 AM

Default Re: Logitech mouse response "absolutely terrible" in OS X?

Are you using dual screens on a Nvidia GT120 graphics card? For testing purpose, try disconnecting the 2nd screen and close plugin windows.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwsand View Post
FWIW, my MBP is up on a shelf as I use an external monitor for the main screen, but I was having similar issues with both a bluetooth mouse and a wireless Logitech mouse. I finally figured out that the MBP was too far away to get a good connection, so I bought a USB extension cable for the Logitech mouse, put the receiver on the end of it, and placed it right there next to the mousepad. Works perfectly now!
Don't feel bad; that happened with my Mac Mini I use for everything else but PT. In my case the original receiver was plugged directly into the back of the Mini which was behind the monitor; total distance from receiver to mouse - maybe 3 feet. Short USB cable and voila - it works!

QAPLA!
Old 07-04-2015, 03:55 PM

To the original poster of this thread, you are absolutely right that this is a Logitech driver bug. I experience this as well. Shift+scrolling for horizontal scrolling was absolutely fine in OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion, but broke horribly starting with Mavericks. Everything else works totally fine EXCEPT this horrendous shift+scroll problem. The only "solution" I've found is to completely uninstall the driver and just use OS X's built-in settings for mouse scrolling/tracking speed and that functionality is back. It's just that without the driver, the mouse kinda jumps all over the place (which I personally got used to but other people sit down at my computer and can't get calibrated quickly at all) as well as you obviously lose some other Logitech programming/control, functionality.
I even reported this bug to Logitech using a Logitech forum/site last year, but after telling me that I would get a response, not only did I never hear anything back, but I swear that my thread was also deleted as I cannot get back to it any more.
Logitech released a new version of their driver recently which gave me hope that it would finally be fixed. But unfortunately it is not fixed.
So you do not have an old mouse that has a problem. Logitech has a problem with their driver and OS X and they just do not fix it.