Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2013, 11:11 AM

Default Basic questions

Hi. Just learning PT (using vers. 11) and would like to know if there is a way to Pause play. Also, when I import audio (and choose Add), is there a way to tell later where the audio came from (some sort of path). I was told Disk Allocation will show that, but doesn't. So I can't seem to tell where the audio was added from? Or, to avoid confusion, should imported audio always be copied?
Thanks!
Old 10-14-2013, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Basic questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKN View Post
Hi. Just learning PT (using vers. 11) and would like to know if there is a way to Pause play. Also, when I import audio (and choose Add), is there a way to tell later where the audio came from (some sort of path). I was told Disk Allocation will show that, but doesn't. So I can't seem to tell where the audio was added from? Or, to avoid confusion, should imported audio always be copied?
Thanks!
Hi,

Yeh you're best to set preferences to copy files on import! this eliminates the potential for files to go missing from the session when accidently deleted from their original location.

To pause playback use the space bar!

if you want the session to pause at the place where you stopped then press the N key on your leyboard and it will stay wherever the timeline is stopped. press N again and it will revert back to where playback was started

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:58 AM

Default Re: Basic questions

Thanks for the info!